This Dallara w/Honda B20-B16 Is Up For Sale Again

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/549995139058305/

IIRC, seller's current FaceBook listing is using the same pix from the 2018 eBay listing, so likely the car has been in that garage for the entire time and hasn't moved an inch.

For those without FaceBook, here is the seller write-up and a couple of pix:

"Selling my X
1978 Fiat X-1/9 Dallara
Highly modified race preped X-1/9. Has Dallara style fiberglass fender kit installed. This car can pull a constant 1.5 lateral-G. Powerplant is a highly modified Honda B-series swap. Engine block is freashly rebuilt and made 197whp with 131ftlb of torque in a car that weighs about 1900lbs.
Suspension and rack and pinion is all rebuilt, modified, or upgraded with new bushings and joints.
Front radious arms modified with heim joints.
Knuckles upgraded to newer 1500 with new bearings and studs.
G-Force Engineering strut conversion housings with Koni 8611 rebound/compression adjustable Dampers.
G-Force Engineering camber plates.
Ground control adjustable spring purches.
Eibach springs 500/600lb.
Whoa Brakes kit in front, with oversized two piece front rotors and Wilwood calipers.
Stock 1500 front calipers moved to rear with slotted and crossdrilled rotors.
Steal braided brake lines from VAS.
Wilwood dual 3/4" master cyclinder setup with remote bias control.
Wilwood polymatrix race pads in front and Porterfield R4-S race pads in rear.
Honda clutch mastercylinder
Two sets of Diamond racing wheels, 8x13" rear and 7x13" front.
B20 with stock B16 vtec head. All new gaskets, seals, bearings, rings. B16vtec head is stock unworked with stock valves and stock b16vtec cams.
Custom energy suspension urithane mounts
Stock crank and rods machined/trued for ARP rod bolts.
Pistons are 12:1 PR3 style to work with the B16vtec cylinder head. cometic head gasket
ARP head studs.
oil pan baffle installed in oil pan. H
Custom 4-2-1 header for swap through a 2-1/2" muffler and pipe.
Hondata S300 ECU.
8 gallon fuel cell located in bonnett with a Walbro 255L fuel pump.
Light weight fly wheel.
JDM SiR Transaxle with Quafe LSD unit"
82607738_10219722736075083_2102199973847236608_n.jpg

82851697_10219722735555070_5297307058230525952_n.jpg

82555402_10219722737355115_5364862384080945152_n.jpg

[No seller contact info provided, so contact must be made thru FaceBook]

Discussed in 2018: https://xwebforums.com/forum/index....nversion-fs-in-pa-not-mine.35232/#post-304377

Original offering by member Dr.Auto: https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/1978-fiat-x-1-9-dallara-for-sale.26490/

Last edited:
I was talking to Matt about possibly acquiring this car when he had it for sale on Xweb. It was very far away and we couldn't really come together on a deal. Then this happened when the roof on the lean-to it was stored under collapsed onto the car.
unnamed.jpg unnamed2.jpg

Looks like he had that damage fixed. It is an interesting car if you are looking for a track X or live in an area with fairly loose restrictions on what constitutes a street car. I "think" I could have convinced Missouri it was streetable as an antique/classic (no inspections are required for this tag), but I was looking at it for a fun track car at the time. It is a very customized X thru and thru. I really like the blue.

It looks like a pretty fun car that's been well done. Wonder if it's been completely sorted (if there is such a thing?)
I don't know where you could actually race it without a roll cage, but I suppose you could do track days with it.
I don't know why you couldn't put it on the street, but I don't think it would be very comfortable to drive.
Is there a price listed?
Where is it?
(Sorry I can't see the ad - I don't use Facebook.)

It looks like a pretty fun car that's been well done. Wonder if it's been completely sorted (if there is such a thing?)
I don't know where you could actually race it without a roll cage, but I suppose you could do track days with it.
I don't know why you couldn't put it on the street, but I don't think it would be very comfortable to drive.
Is there a price listed?
Where is it?
(Sorry I can't see the ad - I don't use Facebook.)
EDIT: $11,500.
Current location Huntingdon Valley, PA, near suburb of Philadelphia; previously listed on eBay in Newtown, PA 18940, northern suburb of Philadelphia.
About 20 minute ride for me, if any serious buyers would like an on-site look-see. Not going to be able to help much when evaluating the engine/trans, though, due to lack of experience with the B20/16 swaps.

Last edited:
I saw the ad posted in more than one group. One of the postings listed a price of $11500 in the Fiat X19 Parts Buy and Sell group.

I read this and was about to respond then I clicked on the forum link, I almost said the exact same thing I did before. Most be close to Groundhog Day!

He's definately trying to flip it And i bet this X needs a lot of sorting out. Plus build quality and finish is of a race car not a show/concourse.
If i were to buy it , and im not, i would soften the suspension and try to make the interior more user friendly, more like a hot weekend toy ......

My REAL rough estimate without putting labor in. about $11,400 assuming only 1000 for the original car.

1000 1978 Fiat X-1/9 Dallara
1500 Highly modified race preped X-1/9. Has Dallara style fiberglass fender kit installed. This car can pull a constant 1.5 lateral-G. Powerplant is a highly modified Honda B-series swap. Engine block is freashly rebuilt and made 197whp with 131ftlb of torque in a car that weighs about 1900lbs.
400 Suspension and rack and pinion is all rebuilt, modified, or upgraded with new bushings and joints.
100 Front radious arms modified with heim joints.
400 Knuckles upgraded to newer 1500 with new bearings and studs.
2200 G-Force Engineering strut conversion housings with Koni 8611 rebound/compression adjustable Dampers.
500 G-Force Engineering camber plates.
Ground control adjustable spring purches. (included in Strut conversion)
Eibach springs 500/600lb. (included in Strut conversion)
400 Whoa Brakes kit in front, with oversized two piece front rotors and Wilwood calipers.
100 Stock 1500 front calipers moved to rear with slotted and crossdrilled rotors.
100 Steal braided brake lines from VAS.
200 Wilwood dual 3/4" master cyclinder setup with remote bias control.
100 Wilwood polymatrix race pads in front and Porterfield R4-S race pads in rear.
100 Honda clutch mastercylinder
500 Two sets of Diamond racing wheels, 8x13" rear and 7x13" front.
1000 B20 with stock B16 vtec head. All new gaskets, seals, bearings, rings. B16vtec head is stock unworked with stock valves and stock b16vtec cams.
100 Custom energy suspension urithane mounts
100 Stock crank and rods machined/trued for ARP rod bolts.
400 Pistons are 12:1 PR3 style to work with the B16vtec cylinder head. cometic head gasket
200 ARP head studs.
100 oil pan baffle installed in oil pan. H
100 Custom 4-2-1 header for swap through a 2-1/2" muffler and pipe.
700 Hondata S300 ECU.
400 8 gallon fuel cell located in bonnett with a Walbro 255L fuel pump.
100 Light weight fly wheel.
600 JDM SiR Transaxle with Quafe LSD unit"

Odie

I was semi seriously considering buying this car and making the 36 hr round trip to trailer it back. But reading that the pics are not current, and the damage that may or may not be repaired, makes me start to question this interest I have. Wasn't looking for a show car, just an autocross/track toy

I was semi seriously considering buying this car and making the 36 hr round trip to trailer it back. But reading that the pics are not current, and the damage that may or may not be repaired, makes me start to question this interest I have. Wasn't looking for a show car, just an autocross/track toy

I believe the damage I showed was repaired prior to Dr.Auto selling it. He was in Montana and now the car is in the Midwest not showing the damage.

Odie, there are many of us who would do the work ourselves and thus the labor costs should be left off (except maybe for paint) and there are others who would have to have a lot if not all the work done by someone else and thus the labor costs would be relevant.

Mike, might be worth a flight out to look at it first when talking about this much money for a car and the hours you would invest in transport. That's a long drive to come home with an empty trailer because it was misrepresented.

Some of the numbers in the ad appear to be a bit, uh, embellished. I'm trying to figure out how to get 1.5g constant lateral grip out of what boils down to coilovers and fat tires.

I believe the damage I showed was repaired prior to Dr.Auto selling it. He was in Montana and now the car is in the Midwest not showing the damage.

The pix posted do show that the crease in the nosecone between the drivers side headlight bucket and the center badge is still there; windshield looks to have been replaced. Current post on FaceBook is showing as originating in Huntingdon Valley, PA, while the previous eBay listing from 2018 had the car in Newtown, PA. Both are suburbs of Philadelphia, with Newtown being 20 minutes further out and Huntingdon Valley being an immediate suburb.

Back