A Forum Member Has Stolen My Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only someone on this forum lived in the same neighborhood, hmmmm.....
Was that directed to me? ;)
Not anymore I'm afraid, Steve moved out of Perth some years ago.
The last I heard, he was living in Boddington down south.
He's still trading as FiatFactory on Ebay and I got some parts off him this year. I didn't look at where they were posted from.

If only someone on this forum lived in the same neighborhood, hmmmm.....

Some of us do, including me, but not really sure what any of us can do about it short of breaking the law ourselves.

Also, Brendan that's a shame about the Australia x19 page blocking your posts, I assume Mark did that.

My comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just seems a local in the same jurisdiction might be able to help Brendan get in touch with Australian authorities on the best way to proceed. Even though we're continents apart, we're a relatively small car community and we've got to stick together.

Probably for legal reasons, our forums seem very reluctant to allow people to accuse others of fraud. When Steve posted items for sale on Lancisti forums, I responded with a message of caution directing folks to this thread. That post was deleted and the forum owner told that while he is sympathetic, he didn't want to get involved and to refrain from posting anything similar in the future. His forum, his rules, his liability... I get it.

Without a real horse in this race, I don't know why this thread upsets me so much or why I continue to post. I just hate to see "bad guys" win and I've been a victim of this type of fraud in the past. I suspect many others here know the feeling as well. I hope Brendan and others are able to get their money back. The product at this point is worthless. What if something is wrong with the head? As we can see, customer service doesn't exist with this seller.

And to see Steve continue to offer to-be-finished-later cylinder heads with payment up front on eBay... it's maddening. Equally maddening is to see people defend him because a $10 part they ordered arrived.

That'll be all from me on the matter unless I can actually help in some way. Good luck and my heartfelt best wishes to everyone involved.

Silence is passive, period! If this gets me booted from the forum so be it. Not sure how it would for speaking facts and if an administrator here does it shame on you. If so, email me at cncvallier@gmail.com and please be accountable for your reason and decision like I have to be at work every single shift I put in. Doc, TonyK, Carl, Matt, Bob and Bob as well as so many others that have been nothing but helpful and an inspiration to me in getting my sons car together I apologise in advance. RJ80 you have absolutely "nothing to feel the least bit bad about. Not sure why any member here feels the need to defend SteveC because what has already been done to poor Brendan is nothing short of criminal. Don't even think of of trying to correct me on this one because nothing you can tell me would convince me otherwise. Well over a quarter of a century listening to convicts run their gate with excuses bores me to death. I don't care what has transpired in life or what hang ups come your way, where I come from a debt is a debt so be a man and do the right thing and give Brendan exactly what he paid for. You contacting me somehow in the back door of this forum so nobody knows you've been here to sell me some valves and put another victim on your resume is pathetic. Not long ago I respected you (not a single person here will question your knowledge of anything Fiat related because you are a guru) and valued what you had to say but I do question your integrity. If this truly is the end for me for actually putting in writing what everyone else is thinking than thanks to everyone for your help. I still think Steve has a chance to rectify things and I will follow (from a distance mind you) what he has to say but I suspect bridges have been burnt here that will never be reattached again where he's concerned. Brendan, I feel for you buddy and I hope things work out for you.

Silence is passive, period! If this gets me booted from the forum so be it. Not sure how it would for speaking facts and if an administrator here does it shame on you. If so, email me at cncvallier@gmail.com and please be accountable for your reason and decision like I have to be at work every single shift I put in.

WTF? This thread has been here for months and the mod team has not interfered. Why in the world are you calling us out?

WTF? This thread has been here for months and the mod team has not interfered. Why in the world are you calling us out?
Not calling anyone out in the least Jim and apologise but also not sure what "is" and "is not" allowed to be stated as fact on our forum. Let me be clear, I am not trying to offend a single member here (administrator or otherwise) but have in a round about way been solicited myself by Steve and felt the need to state it before someone else gets burned. Not trying to create enemy's and once again apologise to the administrators if I crossed any lines but wanted it to be transparent unlike the administrators in other forums where Brendan tried to gain some traction. They simply deleted his posts so not being a member on those forums I really have no idea what your roles are. Also not saying anyone here would do it and if you won't delete then simply accept that transparency and leave it as is.

My comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just seems a local in the same jurisdiction might be able to help Brendan get in touch with Australian authorities on the best way to proceed. Even though we're continents apart, we're a relatively small car community and we've got to stick together.

Probably for legal reasons, our forums seem very reluctant to allow people to accuse others of fraud. When Steve posted items for sale on Lancisti forums, I responded with a message of caution directing folks to this thread. That post was deleted and the forum owner told that while he is sympathetic, he didn't want to get involved and to refrain from posting anything similar in the future. His forum, his rules, his liability... I get it.

Without a real horse in this race, I don't know why this thread upsets me so much or why I continue to post. I just hate to see "bad guys" win and I've been a victim of this type of fraud in the past. I suspect many others here know the feeling as well. I hope Brendan and others are able to get their money back. The product at this point is worthless. What if something is wrong with the head? As we can see, customer service doesn't exist with this seller.

And to see Steve continue to offer to-be-finished-later cylinder heads with payment up front on eBay... it's maddening. Equally maddening is to see people defend him because a $10 part they ordered arrived.

That'll be all from me on the matter unless I can actually help in some way. Good luck and my heartfelt best wishes to everyone involved.
Ebay is different story, there is protection 2 months but PayPal offers 6 months.

I would like to tell everyone that Steve refunded my full amount of money this morning and all is resolved. I would also like to thank everyone for listening to my problem, and helping in any way they could, it means a lot. I also hope I didn't cause any problems between forum members here, I know this turned into a little bit of a heated debate at times, and I didn't want this to be about any one else here. This was between me and Steve, and he did the right thing, and now it's resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back