Already for sale again, 1980 green X1/9

Yeah exactly. Although in fairness, many cars since 2013/2014 have kind of gone a bit nuts. I met the owner (who bought it in 2015) in mid-2019 when I bought some X stuff from him...he really loved it and did many road trips in it. I'm surprised to see it posted for sale so quickly after the current owner bought it on BaT a couple three months back.

If you are stiff and hate the gravity force, don't like working on cars, or expect all cars to be refined and luxurious I would think the euphoria of ownership could wear off rather quickly. How do I plug in my Bluetooth? Where is the switch for the seat warmer? No airbags? Why is the little needle bent? What's that pedal for? What's that whirring noise behind me? Hahaha...I could keep going.

Last edited:
If you are stiff and hate the gravity force, don't like working on cars, or expect all cars to be refined and luxurious I would think the euphoria of ownership could wear off rather quickly. How do I plug in my Bluetooth? Where is the switch for the seat warmer? No airbags? Why is the little needle bent? What's that pedal for? What's that whirring noise behind me? Hahaha...I could keep going.
Please,do so. In my case, I can't backup from my driveway. I'm still looking for the backup camera. And where did they hide the cruise control?

...it won't start, I keep pressing the key fob and nothing happens.

You realize in about ten years we will be making jokes about "how do I plug it in for overnight charging?"

I think the manual transmission would be the most confounding "feature" for new drivers. "Hey this car has two brake pedals!"

Brian

I think the manual transmission would be the most confounding "feature" for new drivers. "Hey this car has two brake pedals!"

Brian
My 16yo daughter had no choice but to have a manual. She's the only one of her friends who has a manual--then again she's also the only one with a Mini Cooper.

How do I lower the driver zone temperature? Why aren't there phone buttons on the steering wheel? How can I know how fast I'm going if I can't see the heads up display? Lexa, give me directions to the nearest piano bar. Where in the heck did they hide all the cupholders? What's a taco meter? When I push the seat controls nothing happens. I'm sitting so low I can't see anything. This car sucks. I want my Nissan Rogue back.

Back