Sold-1986 Bertone X1/9 In Tampa area For Sale

Tavalin

Florida Mike (again)
Best offer for the XWeb community...
Must sell prior to closing on the house and moving and the starter just went out.
It is official-1986 Bertone X1/9 for sale.

It is with heavy heart that I have to sell the Bertone. It is too difficult to ship to the UK and I am not the type to store a vehicle. Also, it is very hard for me to find the time and strength to work on her. These cars need to be driven.
I will include all the parts with the sale.

So, For Sale and I have the title in my hand, a 1986 Bertone X1/9. AC doesn’t work and I didn’t have the time to vacuum and charge the system to check if the compressor will work or not. It also needs a valve adjustment. Other than that it has a strong engine with great brakes.

1973 Cromodora Daytona CD31 mag wheels with Federal tires, size 13. The original Tron wheels without the caps will be included with the sale.
The interior needs work and no stereo or speakers.
I have two replacement window switches.
Serious inquiries, please.
Must pick-up from my location. I will not ship the vehicle or parts.
PM me and I will go in the order of the PMs.
I will answer when I am able. I do not have access to a web at work so please be patient.

Attachments

• D9095A24-74C6-4E7A-B4CF-884AC8AD2E1C.jpeg
    D9095A24-74C6-4E7A-B4CF-884AC8AD2E1C.jpeg
    300.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 2B040A2A-DA26-4156-AC9A-571E77B29951.jpeg
    2B040A2A-DA26-4156-AC9A-571E77B29951.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Difficult to ship to the UK? Have you gotten any quotes? I shipped my 348ts from London Gateway to Seattle inside it's own container and it was easy peasy. Same process but cheaper via RoRo (Roll on, Roll off).

I used Autoshippers.co.uk

Car looks great, love the black interior. Is your car rosso metallic? I didn't think that color continued into the Bertone years. Was it a repaint?

Difficult to ship to the UK? Have you gotten any quotes? I shipped my 348ts from London Gateway to Seattle inside it's own container and it was easy peasy. Same process but cheaper via RoRo (Roll on, Roll off).

I used Autoshippers.co.uk

Car looks great, love the black interior. Is your car rosso metallic? I didn't think that color continued into the Bertone years. Was it a repaint?
Oh, it just seems hard to get everything ready... however, just 30 minute ago I was told we probably are not moving.
I wished I would have known that three days ago before we paid for our visas.
I am going to have to put the sale on hold for now.

thanks and I will keep that address in case it is back on.
Mike

Check the Nissan Figaro Store Facebook group. They seem to be able to ship TO the U.S. for $1500. Maybe they have some inside info...

After talking it over with my wife we think it would be better to sell the X1/9 and put the money in Gary’s savings account.
I am really hurting form a previous injury and have limped my way through this X, with all of your help.
It was fun and I know I will miss her as well as Gary.
I will release the hold shortly to sell.
I have an extra ECU, original spark box, many, many gaskets, heat shield, distributor parts, oil filters (2 ea), spark plugs (two sets), original alternator (nonfunctional) and lots, lots more.
I will post an update when I officially release her for sale.
Thank you,
Mike

We are officially moving and the X1/9 is for sale. I will go in order of the PMs until I have a commitment. If the commitment falls through then I will go to the next PM. Please, do not reply you want to purchase in the thread without a PM. I have an alert for PMs.
Thank you all,
Mike

We are officially moving and the X1/9 is for sale. I will go in order of the PMs until I have a commitment. If the commitment falls through then I will go to the next PM. Please, do not reply you want to purchase in the thread without a PM. I have an alert for PMs.
Thank you all,
Mike

If your intention is to put the money from the car into a savings account for your son, Bring a Trailer might be a preferable route. It would sell for likely considerably more there.

If your intention is to put the money from the car into a savings account for your son, Bring a Trailer might be a preferable route. It would sell for likely considerably more there.
I would like to sell to someone I know would take good care of it and I really don’t have the time for an auction.
If I don’t sell by Monday morning then I will list on eBay without the extra parts.
Mike

Just listed on eBay... if anyone her wants her and all the extra parts, let me know.
Mike

Well, the starter just went out on the X. Man, I just can’t win for loosing.
If it doesn’t sell soon , then it will be dumped and I will not have a say so.
New battery clicks but will not turn over. I don’t have the time to purchase and change it out.
Send me a fair offer and it is yours.
Mike

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,
A quick update. I'm the new conservator of Mike's 86. Picked it up Sunday and will start a thread soon when I catch some time. Mike is a terrific guy and I feel sincerely privilaged to have acquired his baby.

X 1-9 at Florida reststop.jpg

Hey Everyone,
A quick update. I'm the new conservator of Mike's 86. Picked it up Sunday and will start a thread soon when I catch some time. Mike is a terrific guy and I feel sincerely privilaged to have acquired his baby.

View attachment 39474
Barry and fellow XWeb’ers,
I am going to miss little red. Gary missed her for a little while. Then I showed him his bank account and he immediately asked if he had enough for the new PlayStation... oh well. So much for that.
I know the guys on XWeb will be glad to see my trials and tribulations finished.
However, I couldn’t have done anything without your help and knowledge and support when I wanted to just throw in the towel. Even when I had to show Gary that he has to be responsible and a good person you were there. Just a wonderful family here. I will troll from time to time just to stay up to date on what’s happening and to keep an eye on little red and Barry...lol

I hate moving!!!
Thank you XWeb Team for giving me so much in my life. When we return we will be looking for another X1/9. But by then they will $80,000 and I will not be able to afford one...lol
See ya on the forum,
Mike

Back