Perfect oil for your car

In North America - I've been using this oil now for 4 years - Driven HR1 15W50. There is a synthetic version as well. Apparently it won't harm catalytic converters, and specifically made for classic/vintage motors with flat tappets. It is not an API certified oil (it contains high ZDDP).

You can not go wrong with any of oils mentioned, but I think Ulix gets my point, the packaging and fact that its Olio Fiat vintage oil puts it on my buy list, at least once.

I like Mobil1 15w/50 from Walmart. Drama free and zinc included

Well look at that! I didn't know that.. didn't believe it actually, so I looked it up! ha! :) Sure enough, it does contain a nice level of ZDDP! I will use synthetic for my turbo, and nice to know that off the shelf oils are available!

1606430326764.png

I just use the good ol' 25W/50 dino oil on all my 70's cars, and change it, and the filter every 7500kms.

I just scoop up some of the black sludge in the creek on my property and pour it in everything. I can run it through my still and put the clear stuff that comes out in the gas tank too. Runs great but smokes a bit. Sure saves me a ton of money and it just oozes out of the ground everywhere here in Texas!

When my 850/817 was nearing death I used to add 80/90 gear oil to the engine.
It had a distinctive aroma when it burned, but it helped keep the oil pressure up.

Back