83 Bertone in Colorado

7982X

So much fun it MUST be illegal!
First one I've seen on craigslist around here in a long time. It is in Colorado (northeast of Denver about 20 miles)
No connection - know nothing but what the ad says. Looks like it has floor pan rust.

If you can't throw a cat out of the car without opening the door, rolling down the window, or lowering the convertible top it is considered rust free.
Otherwise it has "some rust but pretty good considering it's age".

Love to see him get it but given the condition of the under body (rust through) plus original coolant pipes plus what looks to be original hoses. Probably original rad and all of the other associated need to repairs $9995 asking seems high to me. Again if he can get it that’s good for all of us.

Tough crowd.

Although not rust free, the rust on that car is minor (at least as pictured) and is easily fixable. It is not unusual to find one from this era where they were rust proofed and the idiot doing it sealed the floor pan drains (I believe it is why my ‘87 has the same rusty spot on the passenger floor), the rest looks more surface rust.

Yes it needs maintenance and yes it is overpriced. This is last bit is true of all used cars right now and classics in general have for now gained notable value. No I am not saying it is worth 10k…We are however a bunch of cheap bastids, me especially.

Karl, you want cheap bastid, my last three Xs were all $1,000 or less and my 124 spider was $1,200. And yes, some will say some of them look like what I paid for them. USAA said two of the Xs were were worth a lot more than I thought! I just cannot get my head around what Fiats are going for now, nice discussion on MIRA about the turbo spider that just went for $32,000 on BAT.

Tough crowd.

Although not rust free, the rust on that car is minor (at least as pictured) and is easily fixable. It is not unusual to find one from this era where they were rust proofed and the idiot doing it sealed the floor pan drains (I believe it is why my ‘87 has the same rusty spot on the passenger floor), the rest looks more surface rust.

Yes it needs maintenance and yes it is overpriced. This is last bit is true of all used cars right now and classics in general have for now gained notable value. No I am not saying it is worth 10k…We are however a bunch of cheap bastids, me especially.
I dunno.

"Rust free body" and "floor pans rusted through" seem mutually exclusive. Unless we're making a legal claim that somehow the floor pans, which are welded into the body stampings, aren't actually part of the body? But, your witness, counselor.

I dunno.

"Rust free body" and "floor pans rusted through" seem mutually exclusive. Unless we're making a legal claim that somehow the floor pans, which are welded into the body stampings, aren't actually part of the body? But, your witness, counselor.
Agreed, however it is pretty localized is my point. Ads are ads…all ads lie…

You win.

We are a tough crowd, but at 9K it should be less and will actually sell for much less.

Back