1975 X Project

jimmyx

True Classic
The time has come to turn to another chapter in the book of life, so retirement plans have dictated a major directional change that will not allow such an array of classic indulgences, especially as it relates to projects. With that, I have to trim down the X world, so I will offer up what I have as I would enjoy seeing a forum member take this to the next level.

1975 Roller: California smog exempt car that is currently registered with a clean title in my name. You can view the build saga here:

Basically a very solid chassis that has had all the electrical gremlins sorted, and updated with a Lada block. Car will need some minor finishing before paint. Has new carpet, new seat upholstery (albeit too light in color :rolleyes:), new battery, 3-point belts, new fuel tank and sending unit, new master and slave cylinders w/reservoirs done. Needs the calipers done and the engine should be rebuilt. It comes with a fresh Yugo 1100 head, and a pair of 36 DCNFs ready to go. I never had this up and running so the transmission is an unknown. From talking with the PO it had no issues, but who knows? In any case it comes with pristine internals (complete input shaft, lay shaft, and 3.76:1 ring and pinion) should the box need to be done. Car has VERY nicely refinished CD-91s, new lugs, center caps, and studs along with new Federals too. Also have a beautiful set of iron cross wheels that the buyer can have also. This one is an easy, straight forward project that won't take much to be up and running. I am pricing this at $6,500 with everything, or $5,000 if you don't need the head and DCNFs.

s-l1600-001.jpg

IMG_20210330_142612499.jpg

IMG_20210320_144553024[1].jpg

Last edited:
wow the 74 is REALLY tempting. What was the donor car for the motor and trans? Civic Si, I assume but what year/mileage/etc?

Not like I need another x1/9 mind you, but still!

10 car garage
I'm still in the mud! Harbor Freight portable garages have too short augurs, btw. The wind grabs them up out of the dirt and rakes the augurs all down your car, as I found out. Congrats on the (hopefully) good score though!

Harbor Freight portable garages
Me, too; I have 2, side-by-side. Extra wheels with mounted tires tie to the center 2 legs, standing vertically, with ropes wrapped around the uprights tied off to the upper side bars; front two corners attached to the frame for my hydraulic press and a floor jack (with bungees). Rear corners in shielded area under maple tree. No augurs. We had 40 mph gusts today. Carpeted and lit.

Back