Aftermarket front turn signals?

carl

True Classic
BrownX is an 81 but will be debumpered. I need some front running/turn light in place of the factory ones bolted to the bumpers. The 74/75 front lights are way too expensive (unless one of you have a pair at an attractive price). So looking for suggestions on what to use. Need to be relatively easy to attain and cheap.

I have the lights produced by a forum member many years back, that I needed for the de-bumpered version. I would sell the pair for $60 plus shipping

X19-Exterior00075.jpg

X19-Exterior00001.jpg

I bought a set, as in pair, from ladapower for less than $25. Not amazing quality, but usable for my '76 x19 single bumper project.

carl, this is perfect for you. It is cheap. ;)

On my 85X the PO took the stock 74-75 signal area cover plate and cut a large hole, then mounted the 85 turn signal units. You should already have the cover plates on the car. I think they look fine even though the cuts were a bit crude, but I have quarter bumpers that hide them a bit. If you take your time, I am sure you can make a set of plates that has a clean look.
1st time on trailer 3.JPG20190803_2b.jpg

Yea, I'm thinking about that option. How did you attach the lights to the plate?

Yea, I'm thinking about that option. How did you attach the lights to the plate?
I don't have one off the car. Actually, I don't even have the car here, so I can't take one off to look at it. Pretty sure there are two holes drilled in the plate to accept the regular mounting screws that hold the signal to the bumper mounts.

Not sure if you meant my solution. But I shaved off 3-4mm from the the rear light cover and epoxy glued it onto a 3mm aluminum plate. The hole in the plate matches the INNER shape of the lens so the plate is "sandwiched" between the cover and lense when lense is screwed on. I thought it would leak but I've never seen dirt, water or moisture in the lenses, but it would be easy to add a thin rubber gasket if necessary.
I have strong LEDs in my lights as I use them as DRL.
IMG_20191231_133038.jpg

Back