RallyLanciaWannabe

Daily Driver
Looks like it was posted 3 days ago
I often do an All of Craigslist search

Attachments

• 25284ADE-C6F1-4C25-AEF9-1725AFB57CB4.png
    25284ADE-C6F1-4C25-AEF9-1725AFB57CB4.png
    574 KB · Views: 149
Headed my way, figured a running/driving survivor would be fun while I decide what direction to go with my white Scorpion. Pictures when it arrives, car was not on the registry, been with the owner since 2001. Original with a really nice interior. Had my son drive it for me and he really liked how it drove, so I bought it. Guy was pulling up to buy it as my son was giving him the deposit.

Last edited:
I ended up selling the blue car I picked up in June, with the intention of getting this 76 to replace it. The blue car is going to a guy in Connecticut that was looking for a project.

It had been listed off and on in this area for quite a while. Saw it in person at the Good Guys show at the Puyallup Fairgrounds. You’ve done well buying it.

Thanks Dean, it looks really solid from what I have seen. The owner has been reluctant to sell it and was not the easiest to get on the phone to discuss the car. I suspect several people have been trying to buy it, but I got lucky! It needs a top, but has good straps. The owner had removed the top and installed a lexan top he made up to keep it dry. Looks like I need a hinge on one side and will order a new top from MH. Other than that, it needs repainted but does not have any real rust issues that I can tell, even the hood looks good. Mechanically it has been sorted and my son said it drove really well. Excited to see it in a week or so!

I had a nice conversation on the phone with the owner a few weeks back about the car but ultimately decided to pass due to the paint and already having a 280z project that needs more than just paint. But from the pictures he sent me, car looks solid. How long ago did you make the purchase? If it was in the last few days, I'm surprised it lasted that long.

I started taking to him at the end of August and gave him a deposit the following Saturday. He agreed to keep the car for a few weeks as I had to arrange for the shipping. I would guess he sent me the same pictures he shared with you and agree that it does look good. Any chance you are from Montana, as he told us that someone was flying in to pick up the car, but had changed their plans. I think the car would have sold in a few hours on FB or Ebay, but with only four pictures on Craigslist, it was under the radar. With paint, some rubber seals and a new top, should be a nice Scorpion and I am really looking forward to it arriving next week.

So will you be doing your Rover V8 conversion on this car?
Sorry, just had to ask since your Triumph conversions were so impressive.

No this one will remain stock, only thing I might do to it is put the 2.0 from the white car in it at some point. The white car is already modified enough that I don't have any issues with taking it the rest of the way. Current plans are for an Alfa 164 drivetrain.

I started taking to him at the end of August and gave him a deposit the following Saturday. He agreed to keep the car for a few weeks as I had to arrange for the shipping. I would guess he sent me the same pictures he shared with you and agree that it does look good. Any chance you are from Montana, as he told us that someone was flying in to pick up the car, but had changed their plans. I think the car would have sold in a few hours on FB or Ebay, but with only four pictures on Craigslist, it was under the radar. With paint, some rubber seals and a new top, should be a nice Scorpion and I am really looking forward to it arriving next week.
I'm from Boise so it would have been a nice drive over Snoqualmie pass and Eastern Oregon for the drive back if I had picked it up. The same drive that I did when I bought my Datsun out of Seattle 3 years ago. When I talked to him, he said someone was driving up from Portland at the end of August to come check it out so I guess that guy passed on it as well. That said, I'm still on the hunt for my own Scorpion so hopefully I can fill the empty spot in my garage in the next few years. Enjoy your new one!

Car arrived today, drove it off the truck and then over my shop. Car runs and drives fine, no obvious issues except the main gauges don't work (speedo and tach), so I assume this is electrical? Overall condition appears to be very solid, rust is minor, hood has rust, but they all do and this is definitely saveable. Interior is nice, seats have been redone at some point. Solid car and very original, so I'll keep it that way. I have the white 77 to build into something more exciting.
IMG_6060.jpg

IMG_6071.jpg

Thanks Ron, the garage is 30x40 with 16 ft. ceilings so I have space for a 2nd floor loft and lots of shop room. This is the other side, climate controlled and lots of light. I hope to get a lift installed in the coming year.
IMG_6074.jpg

Looked over the Scorpion more this afternoon, it is remarkably rust free, only major rust is in the battery box, but it looks like I'll be able to cut out the bad spots and weld this up before I get the car repainted. Front bumper corners are not in good shape, but I'll use the good ones from the white Scorpion as that one will be getting a set of Montecarlo bumpers soon. I am getting a top and all the missing hardware from Jim on this forum. The engine appears to have all the emissions and AC removed, but other than that is pretty stock.

I might have that little trim piece that goes above the vent just in front of the sail panel. Yours if you want it.

In an earlier post you talked about the non-operational tach and speedo. The tach is probably an electrical problem, but the speedo is cable driven, so that is something else.

Back