1. JTBernhardt

1974 California Blue-Plate X1/9 Project For Sale

I've decided it's time for my 1974 X1/9 project to go to a new home. Here's a build thread I made on the car: https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/blue-plate-1974-x1-9-project.40288/ I bought the car from the original owner in December 2016 in Sacramento with intentions of saving it...
  2. Joshua Stinnett

Exhaust Vibration

Hi all, I've had an issue with my '74 since I bought it where there is a buzzing vibration noise coming from the exhaust at certain rpms, usually between 2500-3500. I haven't thought much of it, but I just recently had to change out my lower motor mount from the original '74 style with the...
  3. Joshua Stinnett

Weber 32 DMTR Idles By Itself!

So I just replaced the fuel pump on my '74, replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the carb filter, as well as replacing the top gasket for the carburetor. I set my carburetor to base settings (2 turns on the mixture screw, 1 and 1/2 on the idle) and it idles at around 1500 rpm. I backed the idle...
  4. Joshua Stinnett

Second Gear Gone After Replacing Lollipop

So here's the situation; my dad went to drive my '74 to my work. He's driven it before and is well versed in the quirks of the transmission and I trust him to shift correctly. He tells me that he can't find reverse, a problem I've never had before. I might have to try for it twice sometimes but...
  5. Joshua Stinnett

Poor Gas Mileage, Plus Other Misc. Carb Issues

Hey everybody, ever since I got my 1974 X I've been getting much lower gas mileage than I would expect to get. When I got the car it was around 10-15 mpg, and after a witch hunt that involved rebuilding the carb, replacing the fuel hoses and a stuck thermostat, adjusting the timing, replacing...
  6. Fiatfiend

Wanted: $$$ 1974 front grille $$$

If you've seen my story of hitting a large deer, you know I am in the market for a 1974 Front Grille. That should be the one without any cutouts. I will pay top dollar. Let me know.
Back