037 top by Ralph

lanciahf

True Classic
Just keep sanding. Just keep sanding. Just keep sanding.

IMG_20200706_171449.jpg
IMG_20200706_171432.jpg
IMG_20200706_145429.jpg
IMG_20200706_145422.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200706_171440.jpg
    IMG_20200706_171440.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 99
Damn top has so many curves. I'm afraid to apply primer to it and see all my mistakes. What do you think about filling in Minor scratches, body filler or glaze?

For scratches I would use glaze. Anything larger that a mm or so I would use filler.

Geez I wish I was to the point of contemplating glaze on my project... 😖

Monte Hospital bubble top, then I bought their non spider rear roof band.
Made brackets to hold the rear band in place. Then started to add fiberglass mat to the sides, rear and front corners of the bubble top. Something like that....

Monte Hospital bubble top, then I bought their non spider rear roof band.
Made brackets to hold the rear band in place. Then started to add fiberglass mat to the sides, rear and front corners of the bubble top. Something like that....
That's interesting! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Okay I'm tired of sanding. Now I need thoughts on how to mount the bubble portion of the top. Friend of mine said to just glue it in place but I would like the option of removing it. Any suggestions would be appreciated it. The back portion of the top slides under the roof band, so I am good there. Its the top portion that I am having a problem with. I could drill a hole and utilize the front top strap mounting hole but I would rather avoid exposed screws. Ideally securing the front from inside the car would be best.

T7.jpg
T5.jpg

"Okay I'm tired of sanding." 🤪

I feel you, so to speak. As you say, until there's some primer on there, hard to tell what it still may need. Looks good from here :)

"Bubble portion" is the rear add-on deflector?

This is going to be so cool when it's done. Keep sanding! Honestly, I can't see how/why you wouldn't use some glaze or lightweight filler on something like that. Anyone who made it would endorse doing so as part of finishing it. Use it with two different colors of primer and some guide coat along with a thermos of coffee...

I also think you should use what's called "structural adhesive" to bond it in place. I look forward to seeing progress.

Thanks for the hint, after I started sanding I thought I should have included the ears over the vent trim, could have made molds then attached them to the roof band. Hmmmm.

FWIW, my top is the two piece, sourced from Rodger. The lid has two horizontal pins in back with a bolt hole on each front corner. When driven rather fast, say approaching 125 MPH, the front center would lift and provide excessive wind noise. My solution was bonding in six inches of super magnets under the front edge.

I have acquired all of Roger's molds. I hope to have bumpers and roofs available in a year or so. I am in the process of moving and building a new shop
Fantastic news! I think you'll find plenty of takers, myself included. Are these bumpers the Montecarlo style or the 037 style?

Back