1127 Found- need a replacement top

dherr

True Classic
So thanks to Xweb, my next Scorpion is heading my way on a trailer. 1127 is not listed on the registry. Owner purchased it in 2001 owned it for the last 21 years. He was a Fiat mechanic at some point in his career and the car runs and drives great with a nice interior. Just needs paint to be a really nice, stock example. Looks like it was originally gold and repainted red at some point. I am looking for a convertible top as the owner had broken one of the hinges on the rear cover section and did not replace it. He had a lexan top he bolted on to keep it dry but I'll want to get this fixed ASAP. I'll know more about the condition of the rear cover once the car arrives later this week, but if anyone has a rear cover with good hinges, let me know. Also want to get some advice on ordering a replacement soft top, is MH the only vendor of these at this point? They are not in stock at the moment, so I guess I have some time to look for one. Surprisingly it has two good straps on it, so just need a replacement top and the hinge piece that broke.

Pictures once it arrives, but here is one of the pictures he sent me.
IMG_0429 (1).JPG

I may have what you need, bought 485 with a new top on it, the hinge panel was kinda rough, has been in a garage with the top folded for the last 10 years. Will get pics tomorrow.

Twincam, definitely would like to see what you got. My hinge panel is intact but needs a hinge, along with the top and missing hardware. Thanks!

Attachments

• P1010029.JPG
    P1010029.JPG
    295.2 KB · Views: 79
  • P1010033.JPG
    P1010033.JPG
    348.9 KB · Views: 78
  • P1010039.JPG
    P1010039.JPG
    324.5 KB · Views: 76
  • P1010030.JPG
    P1010030.JPG
    295.6 KB · Views: 74
As I mentioned in some previous posts the rear roof latch mechanisms got changed to different type somewhere during production. What may be on car may not be the type you get on roof.

@TWINCAM, will email you shortly. @NigelProdrive do you know at what point they made the changes? Both cars are 76, his being #485 and mine being #1127
I don't have a date or VIN# when they made the change. Hopefully for you it was with the model year but could have been anytime just like when they changed from red to amber rear turn signals.

Last edited:
I'll just have to take the risk, I do have my original rear panel, just missing the hinge, so between what I have and what @TWINCAM has, hopefully that will give me what I need to seal up the top for the winter. With MH out of stock, not like these are just sitting around everywhere :)

Back