12 Lightest Weight Cars in the US

After doing a rear seat delete and other various changes, I sheved 140lbs from my '012 500 Pop. Had it down to 2220 lbs. Changing out the front airbag seats with a set of 25lb sport seats would have trimmed another 50 lbs.

Wow, the seats weigh that much?

No surprise the Fiat 500 is on the list of lightest cars, at 2363 lbs

which is amazing compared to an old Fiat

My 850 Spider weighs in at 1575 lbs. Stock (with bumpers) is 1642. Amazing how much weight is added to a modern car.

Now mind you, I would MUCH rather be in the 500 if it had a head on with an 850 Spider...but the "lightest" car today is 700 pounds heaver than one 40 years old...that's 3.5 heavy people.

Last edited:
My 850 Spider weighs in at 1575 lbs. Stock (with bumpers) is 1642. Amazing how much weight is added to a modern car.

Now mind you, I would MUCH rather be in the 500 if it had a head on with an 860 Spider...but the "lightest" car today is 700 pounds heaver than one 40 years old...that's 3.5 heavy people.

yes cars like people get fatter and more bloated as they age. It's funny to me now when someone refers to a current Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla as a "small car".

that website has some serious bloat, I dont wait more then 10 seconds for a page to load.

that one tanked my i5 cpu and i had to kill IE..

Back