128 bumpers

italianfrank

Low Mileage
Im interested in the 3 piece bumper on the front of the 128 rally to replace the big safety bumper on my 78...ive seen two out of the three parts available here and there so far, but havent seen the right section yet...any tips on finding these bumper parts?

eBay Italy usually has them....😁 They'll have the mounts as well, but they won't bolt directly up to your '78.... They're made for the early cars with slots in the front panel, not the big holes for the gas tubes of the later cars...

eBay Italy usually has them....😁 They'll have the mounts as well, but they won't bolt directly up to your '78.... They're made for the early cars with slots in the front panel, not the big holes for the gas tubes of the later cars...
thanks for the info..is there a kit maybe to make them fit?

Last edited:
paraurti is Italian for bumper

plenty on ebay Italy as noted.... but there's a lot more than just the three pieces to a full set ready to fit as you'll soon find out.

SteveC

There's actually 9 pieces just for the front, 10 if you want the rubber piece on the center...plus the lights of course...

I have a front set of the euro bumpers with the cross bar, no mounts. I bought them Ebay Italy. I live in Ontario Canada, so shipping might be high.

Attachments

• 20181010_204320.jpg
    20181010_204320.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 20181010_204326 (1).jpg
    20181010_204326 (1).jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 20181010_204354.jpg
    20181010_204354.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20201002_1316343.jpg
    IMG_20201002_1316343.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 78
There's actually 9 pieces just for the front, 10 if you want the rubber piece on the center...plus the lights of course...
The rubber over the central bar is a 1972 onwards update thing and interesting trivia fact is the 1972 128 rally sales brochure has been "airbrushed" to add the rubber into the picture. 1972 onwards would have also had the later type rear bumper with the insert rubber strip, rather than the bolted on over riders.

So there are the three (3) chromed main pieces, but add to that the inside end chromed end plates (2) the specific L & R bumper to body bracketry (2), the 3 different lengths of chromed domed headed bolts (6) and the small chromed spacer between the tube and the blade (2) and then the rubber finishers around the brackets where they pass thru the bodywork (2)

20221116_080448.jpg

SteveC

Are they different than the standard bumper early car?
no, identical...that's just the plate in the body and trim parts book that has those body elements related to the bumpers, which is why they are on that page.

If the OP wants to mount early bumpers to a vehicle that had impact type bumpers, the simplest way to retro fit the bumpers may also be to retrofit the early type body sheetmetal brackets (or fabricate something similar)

SteveC

Steve that picture is priceless...i found a complete one from a website from Italy, but not ebay...all italian and in euros..he has already given me a shipping cost...can anybody advise on the best way to pay for it that will convert to euro etc? Thanks for all the tips

What a cool experience..ordered the bumper and a grille from ciccoianni.it...quite a few things available there...had to wire money in euros, that was a first for me...just hope i can make it work..thanks for the help
IMG_6483[6152].jpg
IMG_6484[6119].jpg

That early Rally style definitely looks better. :)

In the past I've found shipping from Italy was extremely expensive, especially for large or heavy items. But I haven't checked in years. How was it for your bumpers?

initial request on the bumper was 200 euros plus 320 to ship...then I added the grille for another 150...he then lowered the shipping down to 120 euros for both bumper and grille together by disassembling the bumper, go figure...so 470 euros total...converted dollars to euros which became 510 dollars US...and then of course the bank added 50 dollar fee to wire..so 560 dollars total and Im pretty happy with the parts.

initial request on the bumper was 200 euros plus 320 to ship...then I added the grille for another 150...he then lowered the shipping down to 120 euros for both bumper and grille together by disassembling the bumper, go figure...so 470 euros total...converted dollars to euros which became 510 dollars US...and then of course the bank added 50 dollar fee to wire..so 560 dollars total and Im pretty happy with the parts.
That was a significant drop in the shipping cost from 320 without the grill to 150 with the grill. Funny what a little effort from the seller can do. ;)

Back