128 Fuel Vapor Canister Connections

Triestino

Daily Driver
Looking for some assistance...
Can someone take an engine bay picture of their 128 or provide a simple picture/drawing of the stock fuel vapor canister (near firewall) to show how the four hoses connect to/from the vapor canister. All I can figure out is that the largest hose goes from the exhaust manifold cover to the bottom of the canister. The rest are still unknown at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated! A picture of the fuel vapor canister is attached for reference (picture provided by Midwest Bayless Fiat).

8381_2_.jpg

Don, thank you for your reply!
From the diagram (and I'm not too sure if the 128 and X share similar connections)...I believe it may have helped me decipher one more connection. Namely, the connection from the canister to the 3-way control valve near the fuel tank. On the 128s, there is a metal line that hugs the firewall and ends right above the canister (pointing towards the front of the car). I believe this line is from the 3-way control valve indicated in your diagram. Yeah!!! Two more connections to go! Looks like the two remaining connections go to the carb but hard to tell where exactly they connect. Any 128 owners please chime-in to confirm :) BTW, does anyone know where I might find a replacement for the large hose that connects the bottom of the canister to the exhaust manifold cover? It appears to have a 15mm ID. Mine literally crumbled in my hands :(.

Last edited:
I run mine without that hose since I've got headers and there is no place for the hose to go. It just vents to the atmosphere which I'm guessing it does with the hose to the heat shield. I've got the carb line ports capped off since there is no place to run them.

Back