128 Photos

At the parade yesterday:
HZqHbcR.jpg

For the purists:
Fbllwqd.jpg

marc128a.JPG
First race weekend. Gingerman Raceway, South Haven Michigan, USA, May 1998. It was a great first race car. Race car from almost new. Sat from 1975 to 1995, when I found it and restored it to track ready condition. A lot of my fellow vintage racers ask whatever happened to that car. It went off to the West coast, where it received some nice updates under new ownership.

This is a picture of my 128 from over 20 years ago. The picture was taken in SoCal where the car was first registered. The lady on the left was the original owner for almost a year before I bought it at the end of 1975.
128withcarol.jpg
At the time this picture was taken it had a 79 Strada 1500 and five speed duel Webber's and rally cam. We were half way through a 3,000 mile two month road trip and just starting the return voyage home. I sure miss that car. Take warning, don't get rid of your cars. Better to let them rust in your yard.

Coil overs and spherical jointed arms... Almost the same set up I'm running. Koni single adjustable struts, I'm starting with 300 lb springs and will dial it in from there, I'm using delrin bushings in the rear arms instead of the spherical joints because the spherical bearings don't last long on the street, but I am using them up front. Delrin bushed 5 speed sway bar up front, plus I have the Addco rear sway bar as well but I will see how it drives without it first before adding it.

Marc, I think that applies to all Fiats from the 70s! I was very disappointed with my first 131 to find out the sheet metal behind the bumpers was not smooth and I couldn't remove the bumpers.

03-29-19 128EP 1.jpg
View attachment 56884First race weekend. Gingerman Raceway, South Haven Michigan, USA, May 1998. It was a great first race car. Race car from almost new. Sat from 1975 to 1995, when I found it and restored it to track ready condition. A lot of my fellow vintage racers ask whatever happened to that car. It went off to the West coast, where it received some nice updates under new ownership.
Hey Marc,
As the current owner of this car I am happy to report that it is still in excellent condition.
Here is a pic on the track from a couple years ago.

What track is this and how did you get it to yourself?
This is the local go-cart/autocross track in White City, Oregon (Just outside Medford). I have the track to myself because it is a practice session for Everyone that paid admission takes turns (typically 3 minutes at a time. If there are only a couple folks in line you can stay out longer. For practicer sessions you have a completely open track. You use any section from any direction. The track offers LOTS of options. A total blast. This video happened because the guy with the drone wanted to practice with it, and he gave a a copy of the footage.

I have spent many hours on that track, in many different cars. A fairly tired 74 X, Yugo GVX (surprisingly fun actually), bone stock 86 X, and most recently this 128.

Back