IMG_20150510_181355_794.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20150510_181408_519.jpg
    IMG_20150510_181408_519.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20150510_181342_956.jpg
    IMG_20150510_181342_956.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 142
The arms have a spherical bearing at both points.. with a grease cover.. I've run them for 4 years, they are awesome. I just rebuilt them, but they were a previous generation that didn't have the grease seals.. I also bought a second pair of the newer style..
The struts are a little elaborate.. The ones from MWB are probably great, but my weird brain doesn't trust the butt welded on mounting tabs.. Plus they don't make rears for the 128.. I wanted to use the stock strut mounting, but they are too small in diameter to fit a decent insert in, so I machined off the mounting tabs from factory struts, and I got Andrea from Classic Motorsports to machine up some bare threaded housings. The mounting tabs were not large enough in diameter so I sawed through the back, made blocks to keep the fixing locations unchanged, made a drift of the right diameter, and used a press to enlarge the tube portions! Then it's just weld them up..
The camber tops are rapid prototyped right now, but will get cnc'd in aluminum. The spring top plate has a built in thrust bearing and I'm using Hyperco 300lb. Springs. That was Matt Bannon's suggestion as a starting point spring rate, it will have to be dialed in.. I'm not saying that this is the best way, it's just what I did😁
I'm using Koni 8610 inserts, the short one's in the front, long one's in the back..
Sway bar is the 19mm standard 5 speed...
I would warn you off the Hoosiers for a street car.. I had got some 10" DOT's for my Mini, and they got hard and the sidewalls cracked from sitting in the garage (in opaque bags) in less than 3 months.. They're really just bought and mounted like a few days before a race weekend.. Conversely, I had a set of Toyo's on a car for 3 years of street driving + a few track days and they still had a tattoo of the tread left on them a were still gummy enough to dig your fingernails into.. I ended up giving them to a friend for an autocross event. You really can't beat Toyo's rubber compound, sticky down to the cords!
Good to know the specifics on your spherical arms.

Did you know anything about Classic Performance struts? Their site indicates its possible to order front and rears. Your solution looks promising with all premium ingredients.

[Did you know anything about Classic Performance struts? Their site indicates its possible to order front and rears]

They look good to me! I had already bought my inserts and springs when those came out, which is why I went the way I did...

Back