128 short shifter review

Hi Adam, great collaboration results and photos. I do have a question regarding selection of reverse gear (and I apologize in advance if this was covered elsewhere). Does the spherical short shifter have a spring load where it can be "pushed down and over" to get the gear in reverse like the factory shifter or is there some other trick involved to get reverse gear? GT
Nope, there is no spring load. The spherical joint is fixed mounted. I was initially worried about dropping down from 5th straight into reverse but they are different gates. You have to slam it over pretty firmly to get into the reverse gate. It would be pretty hard to do it 'accidentally'...😁

Yours doesn't look like this? Straight, with a kick to the left at the shifter end and a saddle at the end with a 12mm gap?
sorgente_165795d1520438543.jpg
ShiftRod2.jpg
ShiftRod1.jpg

"So do I need to change or modify the rod ?"
Not if it looks like the one in the pics. Sometimes people install it upside down, or the lollipop is upside down. When sitting in the car, the rear of the shift rod should kick to the left. The lollipop should rise towards the front, like in the pic. You said your shift rod was closer to the ground than mine? Do you have the old or new style shifter from Classic Performance? I specifically worked with Andrea to come up with the new design because it bothered me how much the original short shifter hung down under the car. Did you remove the shields on the sides of the shifter hole under the car? I found them to interfere with the short throw shifter. Also, check the condition of your lollipop, is it splitting or separating? I made an all metal one for my car, but a good condition rubber one should work fine!
fiat rod.jpg

ShiftRod_NewOld.jpg

[ATTACH
IMG_20211003_132207532_HDR~3.jpg

Last edited:
"So do I need to change or modify the rod ?"
Not if it looks like the one in the pics. Sometimes people install it upside down, or the lollipop is upside down. When sitting in the car, the rear of the shift rod should kick to the left. The lollipop should rise towards the front, like in the pic. You said your shift rod was closer to the ground than mine? Do you have the old or new style shifter from Classic Performance? I specifically worked with Andrea to come up with the new design because it bothered me how much the original short shifter hung down under the car. Did you remove the shields on the sides of the shifter hole under the car? I found them to interfere with the short throw shifter. Also, check the condition of your lollipop, is it splitting or separating? I made an all metal one for my car, but a good condition rubber one should work fine!View attachment 59187
View attachment 59190
[ATTACHView attachment 59192
This is my rod

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 115
This is my rod
It looks alright to me! That rod, and the short throw shifter works on my car with the Regata 5 speed. I'm pretty sure that it is identical to the Ritmo trans... It must just be the adjustment at the front. It's a trial and error process to get it in just the right spot.

It looks alright to me! That rod, and the short throw shifter works on my car with the Regata 5 speed. I'm pretty sure that it is identical to the Ritmo trans... It must just be the adjustment at the front. It's a trial and error process to get it in just the right spot.
Finally I managed to install it ! Thanks a lot for your support 👍

Back