128 sitting a bit high

Measurements...

Stock '74 estate measures 24.25".
'76 sedan with X rear struts on the front measures 22.5".
Both have 175/70 tires and light bumpers.

sitting high

Hmmm, can't understand why my car sits so high in the front with the Euro springs which are about 2.5 inches lower than the US springs. Maybe I'll just go for the SUV look since the roads are so bad here.

carl

Hmmm, can't understand why my car sits so high in the front with the Euro springs which are about 2.5 inches lower than the US springs. Maybe I'll just go for the SUV look since the roads are so bad here.

carl

How about adding an interior? Seats, carpet, weight? :eek:

Weight watchers

I do have a spare 1500 motor in my basement, maybe I'll just strap it down in the back....but that won't help getting the front down much.

As always, thanks for your thought provoking solutions to my idiotic problems.

nose high carl

I do have a spare 1500 motor in my basement, maybe I'll just strap it down in the back....but that won't help getting the front down much.

As always, thanks for your thought provoking solutions to my idiotic problems.

nose high carl

Carl,

These 128's sit a bit high... try swapping the front strut assembly out with struts from 127. I have gotten to know a few fellas with 128's around here, and it seems that 127 or a112 struts are a perfect fit. The bottom spring bowl sits approx 25mm lower that the 128, and you can reuse the original 128 spring as well..

Back