13x7 with a +7 offset

You want a little negative camber in the rear (and likely the front) on an x. when the suspension loads up, the wheels do straighten up some (on the loaded up side). I have camber bolts top and bottom, front and rear on my x and can get just about any camber I want, within reason.
And where would one purchase such bolts?

but you will have to determine which bolt size will fit
It is a little confusing. There are basically two styles that can work on the X; one has the 'offset' built solid into the bolt, the other has it as a separate collar on the bolt. Because of this, the correct size for the two types differs - one is the same size as the hole and the other is actually smaller. I've found some parts sites have the wrong size listed for the X1/9, apparently due in part to that difference (or maybe they just don't know the correct size). At the moment I do not recall what the right sizes are for each type, sorry. Hopefully someone else does or it can be verified somewhere. Then there is a third type with eccentric washers, but it requires the strut to have locating lugs so it won't work on stock X struts.

There is an alternative method to do this. The holes on the strut's mounting tabs can be elongated to allow it to move in/out relative to the mounting bolt. That achieves the same effect.

A good alignment shop should be able to do either method for you...supply the correct adjustable bolts or elongate the mounting holes. And by "good" I mean a true alignment shop that really knows what they are doing, not the local brakes or muffler chain store.

Examples of the types:

Solid one piece bolt...
391005.jpg

Two piece bolt/collar...
moog-moog-k9757-360-giant-01-14.jpg

And the eccentric washer type that requires a certain style of struts...
rca-bk_413x@3x.progressive.jpg

This is what the elongated hole method looks like...
81280ill_1200x1200.jpg
2014-01-03 14.55.59.jpg

Finally, a little idea how all this works...
phpbGwSIw.full.jpg

You are better ordering from a reputed Fiat vendor. I tried to save some money by ordering local, and I ended-up twice with the wrong sizes, even if they were advertise as fitting the x19.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also slot the three strut top mounting holes to get adjustment. Camber bolts, camber plates, slotted mounting holes can all get the results, but if not set up accurately can also lead to horrendous handling.

Back