1409 Bodywork & Paint

More like lack of workers, Covid and an outrageous living cost in NJ where people can not afford to work at these shops and live here.

and people wonder why it's so expensive to paint a car. i did this to my 280TE the number of hours is staggering when the job is done. nice work!

The wiring harness will be a fun project if you haven't already started on it especially if you aren't keeping AC and/or emissions. One idea is to remove those metal wiring harness holders (carefully now that you painted them) and run the engine wiring down on the crossmember for a tucked look and becuz most the electrical accessories (starter, alternator, oil sending sensors, ...) are all down there once the electrical emissions devices are removed from firewall.

The wiring harness will be a fun project if you haven't already started on it especially if you aren't keeping AC and/or emissions. One idea is to remove those metal wiring harness holders (carefully now that you painted them) and run the engine wiring down on the crossmember for a tucked look and becuz most the electrical accessories (starter, alternator, oil sending sensors, ...) are all down there once the electrical emissions devices are removed from firewall.
That is a thought, true everything is down low, good idea!!! How did you secure the harness to the crossmember?
I did remove 5 pounds of ac wiring, well felt like 5 pounds

That is a thought, true everything is down low, good idea!!! How did you secure the harness to the crossmember?
I did remove 5 pounds of ac wiring, well felt like 5 pounds

The crossmember has some treaded holes for 10mm bolt, perhaps for the removed charcoal canister or stock air cleaner mount. So I used those to mount these.

clip.jpg

Last edited:
Those P-clips are great, I have them all over my X for securing wires, hoses, etc. When I replaced the long cooling pipes I used them to secure the pipes to the chassis. McMaster-Carr has them in all different sizes.

Back