1409 Progress

Yeah the window and interior guy did a **** job. I wish they just didn’t do anything. Once it’s running I'm going to bring it to another glass guy.
I wouldn't stress about it. The risks of it cracking if they pull it isn't worth it. Have had some pulled from Scorpions I was scrapping by replacement glass company years ago. They were always freaking and not giving guarantee but I had nothing to lose becuz wasn't keeping the cars. Try my etch a paint trim trick first.

Thanks, other than the paint the car is a good 2 footer. The trim being 40 years old and plastic just does not fit right anymore. I stopped stressing out. Years ago i read, “No Ferrari never looked this damn good from the factory”. I try to remember that
True statement, building a Triumph TR4A restorod right now and I have to keep telling myself that no factory Triumph ever had good gaps or any semblance of quality. At least new trim is readily available. For the Scorpions, I'll will have to work with the existing trim since so much of it is not available anymore. Your car looks amazing and it will be one of the best out there, so I would be very proud of the level of your restoration.

Tonights work list
Back panel with lights. Had to run a ground as i did not want to drill any holes or mess with the paint.
Adjust emergency brake cable .
The clutch arm bushing came in, $60.00, uh huh.
So I installed the slave cylinder and my son helped me bleed it.
Ooh and i put the frunk and engine compartment lights back in. Was not going to but the wire was there.
0376FADD-C4A3-4FC5-B75B-76C5FBE0D79D.jpeg
57C53424-D3E9-4F85-A469-7B2E3E302501.jpeg
2B4F2B63-C7FC-40A0-A389-D9D0F5D588DB.jpeg

Pretty coolant bottle in the way of everything!!! Mostly mounting for back panel and lights.

two things I do not like, that Bosch distributor, I’m always leaning on it and the cap mounting has a lot of play. I would rather have a block mounted plex.

Also I should have never cut the lobe off the aux shaft. A mechanical fuel pump would have been so much easier to plumb.

As a safety measure I am using a VW rabbit fuel pump relay to power the pump. Relay gets a signal from the tach side of the coil. If the engine stalls the fuel pump shuts off.
3CE6258C-EA32-4C56-95DB-90FA7E4014EC.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got it on the road today, drove it about 40 minutes. No drama other than a death rattle at 3500 rpms. which turned out to be the home made cv joint boot shield. That one scared me.

Rebuilt trans with 3.6 diff shifted fine.
Motor was also rebuilt, 2l with 4mm domes and 40/80 cams. I kept the revs below 4000. So far so good. No overheating and the fans cycled on and off as expected. Still need to clean up some details. I really want to drive it on our covered bridge tour Sunday but we are supposed to get rain.
CC87E5C2-436D-4C4B-86A7-804397EDB629.jpeg

I have the same coolant tank, in my Montecarlo . You car looks fantastic. We need photos of the front and interior.

Sorry I have not touched the car since last week’s marathon trying to get it ready for the covered bridge tour. Since the weather was looking bad I took the spider.

Followed by 3 days of rain, the car has been in the garage. My buddy noticed my timing belt was really loose so I have to see what is up with that.

I’ll try to take more photos tomorrow.

I have the same coolant tank, in my Montecarlo . You car looks fantastic. We need photos of the front and interior.

Today I tightened the timing belt and now the belt is walking. I'll have to look into that further. I also installed Mark's momo horn button, coolest horn button ever.

1666981728369.png

Last night I recieved the Drivers Door mirror from he Monte Hospital. Pretty sure its for a RHD model as it sticks out pretty far but at least I have a mirror. You should see the adjustment on this thing, so complicated, inner and outer dials control the adjustment.

1666981850331.png

1666981976980.png

Frontal shot for Ron. hard to get a good shot as its pretty low. New Hood grills installed.

1666981902865.png

Engine Cover is back on
1666982002955.png

Tomorrow or Sunday my buddy is supposed to help with the side stripe. I gotta clean up those tires. Yes I'm afraid to latch the trunk
1666982073452.png

My kind of guy....to show full commitment though you have to remove the motor and linkage. Just plastic plugs where the linkage pokes through the body.

That would not go with the working heater. Speedo is not working, that’s going to hurt. The car is built around the speedo cable

My kind of guy....to show full commitment though you have to remove the motor and linkage. Just plastic plugs where the linkage pokes through the body.

I was fully committed but they let me out.

F3478693-BEAF-46A4-B0F7-DD15FD53CB6E.jpeg

The wiper linkage and motor are in a closet. Everyone knows not to drive a Scorpion in the rain.

Back