1409 Progress

My other mirror came in. I just love the look.

A6F8EBE9-6FEC-4908-97E0-D2A6F5B5B9C5.jpeg
1E2D6B0A-854D-4A0B-816C-DDE7B187EFB0.jpeg

Not bad at all, remove the door panel. Remove the bolt that holds the vent window support and wiggle the glass out.

I went for a ride today to test out the mirror. Its nice yo be able to see from the passenger side.

I think my journey with 1409 is over. Spring time I’ll put it up for sale. Its was a car I thought I would keep forever but a recent family death kinda changes everything in ones life.

We bought a Ford Contour new back in the day. Was a really nice car and I thoroughly enjoyed it....for about a year. Then it started going bad with carpet and headliner shrinking and pulling out, constant check engine lights, various mechanical issues and then the trans crapped out. I got the trans repaired by a trans repair franchise and that lasted about six weeks. I got so upset I stopped driving it, just sat parked at the street. Every time I looked out the front window and saw it my stomach would start knotting up. I sold it to a buddy for $600. He was stunned at the price and very happy (he flipped it). I was even happier that it was gone!.

This outfit contacted me about selling the Scorpion. I told them I would think about it. Kinda like bring a trailer lite. What do you guys think?

I concur, BaT is a very well known online auction site so why limit yourself to obscure ones?
You could also do what a lot of us do and advertise it here, on MIRA and any Lancia specific sites first.

I concur, BaT is a very well known online auction site so why limit yourself to obscure ones?
You could also do what a lot of us do and advertise it here, on MIRA and any Lancia specific sites first.
Many of the auction sites don't like listing cars that have been advertised elsewhere first. BaT specifically asks when the listing is submitted.

I don't think selling the car on forums will net the most money. BaT is probably the best bet.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Totally concur with the BAT recommendation. Since you know you want to sell it in the spring and have a comprehensive photoset of the restoration all ready to go, you will do much better on BAT to find the right buyer. BAT buyers are looking for lots of details and you will be in a good position to really be able to show why this is one of the best Scorpion restorations. Couple of recommendations, start a 60 days prior to when you want the auction to occur as they are backed up that much recently. Insist on setting a reserve, but keep it reasonable so the car will sell, but you are not giving it away. They will interview you and write the description, but you have the opportunity to correct any errors. You do not need to pay for a profession photo shoot, I have done very well with just cell phone photos taken properly and you have a complete set of restoration photos that will really show what you have done and will generate lots of positive comments (especially from many of us). Do some decent driving videos, walk around videos and cold engine starts and your car should set the high water mark on BAT for these cars in the current market.

This weekend I reinstalled the brake lines, new coolant tubes and radiator. Spent most of the week looking for long lost Lancia parts. Next are the brake calipers and reassemble the S2 brake pedal assembly.

Been reading through your posts again, and wanted to know where you sourced your new coolant tubes, they look really nice. The tubes on my red car are leaking at the radiator connections, so I know they need work. Looks like Monte Hospital is out of stock or they just order them from somewhere else? Found these, anyone use them before?
Montecarlo cooling pipes

I bought a set of new ones from B&M Racing. They are made out of stainless and were well made. I specified that the tube ends be shrunk down to 1 3/8 to fit the radiator hoses otherwise the tubes are 1.5”. Double check that it is 1 3/8, its been a while.

Brown & Miller Racing
4005 Dearborn Pl., NW
Concord, NC 28027

704-793-4319

http://www.bmrs.net/

North Carolina

Back