1438 OHV side draft Webers

xtreemnoise

Low Mileage
Used to have a copy of a drawing to fabricating a dual weber sidedraft manifold (38's?) for the 1438 OHV motor (124 sedan/wagon side flow head). Unfortunately lent it & some other books - info to a "Friend". He sold a car w/ all my stuff !!

Anyway does anyone have a copy of this drawing or other info I would like to make one.

Re: carbs

I don't have any drawings for that particular manifold, but I can tell you that the sidedraft carb usually used was the Weber 32DCOF (yes, F not E), which has a smaller footprint & bolt pattern than the more common 40DCOE. The 38DCOE you mentioned was used on the Fiat 2300 Ghia Coupe, & is not as common as the 40DCOE's.

There was an optional 2-carb manifold made for the Abarth 1300SS Scorpione (which used a modified 124 OHV 1197 engine), this one was made for a pair of 40DCOE carbs. I can't remember if it was made by Alquati, Nardi or Sprint Filters...it's been almost 20 years since I held one in my hands. :sigh:

Thanks for the info Jeff !

Ideally this is what I'm looking for in photo. Below describes the manifold from some old info I collected:

Extremely rare alloy intake manifold for use on the early (pushrod-engined) Fiat 124 Sedan/Wagon, as well as the Fiat-Abarth 124/1300 Coupe & Scorpione (might also fit the Fiat 1100r?). This manifold allows use of the Weber 38DCOE, 40DCOE or 45DCOE sidedraft carburettor (the original manifold on this car only allowed use of the smaller 32DCOF carb). An authentic Rich Motors Fiat-Abarth part from the 1960's/'70's

Thanks for the info Jeff! Ideally this is what I'm looking for in photo.

The manifold in your photo is for the early 124 OHV 1197 engine with a single Weber or Solex sidedraft.

Below describes the manifold from some old info I collected:

Extremely rare alloy intake manifold for use on the early (pushrod-engined) Fiat 124 Sedan/Wagon, as well as the Fiat-Abarth 124/1300 Coupe & Scorpione (might also fit the Fiat 1100r?). This manifold allows use of the Weber 38DCOE, 40DCOE or 45DCOE sidedraft carburettor (the original manifold on this car only allowed use of the smaller 32DCOF carb). An authentic Rich Motors Fiat-Abarth part from the 1960's/'70's

That description sounds like something I would've written... :hmm: Where did you read this?

Sorry you are correct Jeff, that is the single thought I had a double manifold pic?

Think that info may have come from an old ebaY listing?

Thought it might be possible to modify this kit for an old Datsun 1600 roadster? Using PBS's 280 cam duals would work well if I can do it?

I have equipped my 124 with a 32dcof manifold from a 1300/124. The car is in CA and I'm in NC so I won't be able to grab any dimensions until July. If you have the head and whatever carb you intend to run, it shouldn't be too difficult to mock something up in your engine bay to get your dimensions.

124%20pushrod%20dcof%20installation%20016sm.jpg

xtreemnoise ended up getting a 124A DCOF style single manifold thru me off ebay... went half way around the world before it got to him though... quite a funny story.

My local post office mixed up a couple of parcels, affixing the incorrect customs clearance labels and paperwork over my hand written (in sharpie) addresses on the packages.

Strangely enough both customers are from Xweb!

A guy in Norway got xtreemnoise's manifold, and xtreemnose got a head tensioning tool! Luckily they both saw the lighter side, and I paid the postage for them to post the items directly to each other, rather than returning the items all the way back to Australia... another example of how we all seem to help each other out... and I'd like to publicly thank the both of them (and hope they enjoy their purchases)

SteveC

Back