16 x 7 alloy wheel set for sale. 4x98 bolt pattern

Chris Obert

autocrosser, X driver
16 x 7 alloy wheel set for sale. 4x98 bolt pattern

IMG_6308.JPG
I am a vendor, but these are from my own car.

I was told these were new wheels with new tires, but like many things on the car, this was not correct.

The wheels are LENSO brand. An internet search shows a USA representative in Florida, but when I called him I was told they are now out of production. Not surprising, as the "new" tires are marked as the third week of 2005 production.
The wheels are marked 7x16, with an offset of 20. There are other words in the casting we can discuss if needed.
The Michelin Pilot Exalto tires were new in 2005, but today I would only consider them as rubber protectors.

They came to me mounted on a lowered 124 Spider with the 5 mm spacers removed. They looked good, and seemed to clear everything. The car did not run.
IMG_6279.JPG

I tested fitted them on an X1/9 with 5 mm spacers in the back, and 10 mm in the front. To me it looked like a lot of tire. There were some clearance issues in the front we can discuss, but I feel it could easily be resolved with some minor grinding on the strut spring perch, and some trimming of the stock coil spring. Of course, a set of coil overs would be a good move. And the X does not run either.

IMG_6283.JPG

IMG_6284.JPG

One of the wheels has some curb rash, which I will gladly show. Another looks like some caulking was dripped on it in three places. I tried cleaning one spot up with a minor solvent, but it was stubborn. So I stopped. I have pictures.

The ex LENSO distributor told me these wheels retailed new for US $300.00-400.00 each, depending on the wheel store you bought them from.
How about $800.00 for the set?
16 bolts are included.

Prices are negotiable if you just got to have it, but think my asking price is out of line. All items are located in Santa Cruz California USA, shipping to you is extra, unless you want to drop by with an appointment. California delivery addresses must add sales tax. I take credit cards (not AE) or pay pal. No cripto. Cash money is fine if you are here.

If you want to see more of any of these please ask.

Mannnnnn. Where were you when I was looking for a set of 16"s for my Lancia Thema! haha. Timing is everything right?

Sold the Thema a few months back.

Back