1964 fiat 600 (perhaps) cassetta Abarth

hello everyone! after a long time (and some ailments) I would have decided to mount the external fram filter. The problem is that I can't find any documents or cards about how it works. Have you found anything? thanks everyone in advance!
P.s. Sorry for the photo :(

Attachments

• IMG_20220506_161734_983.jpg
    IMG_20220506_161734_983.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 85
Hi everyone! I don't know if anyone has ever tried to mount Jaeger or Smith equipment on our vehicles. If you have noticed that you are unable to get the fuel gauge to work properly. This is because they work in reverse and with different resistances. The typical floater unification of Anglo-Saxon countries (in this case Jaeger and Smith) works starting from a resistance of 240-255 ohms indicating the empty tank up to about 33 ohms of full. The European one, like Veglia Borletti, the opposite: it starts from 0 ohm of the empty tank up to 180 ohm of the full one. To solve the problem of the wrong indication it was enough for me to calculate the difference in the absolute values of the resistances: in the case 255-180 = 85 ohm; thus interrupting the signal with the calculated resistance I got a more precise indication. For the inversion it is more complicated and I believe I will solve by simply inverting the letters E and F on the background of the indicator. ☹️I hope I have been useful to someone, and hope I have been able to explain better...
I wish everyone a good day!

Interesting about the opposite direction with those gauges. I guess it kind of goes along with the reversed polarity of early British cars. :p

Glad to hear you are still involved with this excellent build. :) Please keep us informed on it.

There is a kit for the Fiat 500 for converting to rack and pinion steering. Is there such a kit for Fiat 600 based cars? Has anyone attempted installation of rack and pinion on a 600?

Hello! There are some non-specific kits, as you Say, and required some modifies😬

it is a feasible transformation, but it will take you some time.

Back