1969 Fiat 850 sport - $2000 (Grove,Oklahoma)

JimD

Waiting for Godot...
I am not sure if this car has been posted before. I have seen it on CL earlier this year. I don't know 850s, so I don't know if this is a reasonable price or not. Ad says it was garaged till 10 months ago. That was one moist garage! :)

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/6134769184.html

I guess it looks fairly solid all things considered.

Holy crap, someone go grab that thing. It's as rare as nearly any Ferrari in the US. I wouldn't buy it for that price but it certainly is a good starting place for those who want one.

Id get the motor running, slam it on its nuts and run it as is until decomposition is complete. I love ratty Fiats :)

I sold an first-series 850 Coupe in similar condition on eBay last year for about $1500. Supplies of 850 Coupes continue to dwindle in the U.S., but the only people that want them are Fiat nuts like us -- they're just strange little rust traps to everyone else. Since us Fiat nuts are notoriously cheap, I don't see prices moving north anytime soon.

This is just a few hours down the road from me. I have a 67 project coupe, but 2k is ludicrous especially without a title and 3850 for that one in CA is right out. I overpaid for mine and it was much less than either of those and in better shape. I suppose if the hood could be salvaged it might be somewhat appealing to me, assuming it fits a 67.

Back