1971 Fiat 850 Coupe for sale/1438cc conversion

Paul Gustavson

Hello there,
I am a new member and this is my first post here as a friend recommended that I sign up before I list the car on Craigslist. I have had a few 124 Spiders and presently have this coupe that I would like to sell. I have owned it for about 4 years purchasing it from the person that restored it in Seattle Wa. It is a super fun car with the following features

-PBS custom bell housing conversion utilizing a 1438cc 124 sedan pushrod engine.
-engine completely rebuilt by Ray at Performance Apex in Renton WA.
-electronic ignition/ Weber 2 barrel carburetor.
-custom radiator installed in front of car with solid pipe routing to rear engine with expansion
tank and electric fan thermostat/on-off switch.
-custom exhaust routing with new muffler.
-124 Spider front brake caliper conversion.
-all new suspension and bushings.
-rebuilt rear drum brakes.
-13” Cromodora wheels/speedo recalibrated.
-body stripped to bare metal, prepped and painted.
-front, rear bumpers and overriders rechromed.
-all stainless steel trim polished.
-original interior door panels, dash and headliner in excellent condition.
-front and rear seats reupholstered.
-rebuilt alternator.
-custom front grille fabricated at the Abarth Works Museum/Guy Morenhout racing in the Netherlands.
-speedometer is currently inoperative; I have a punchased a new cable but have not installed it.
-charging light on dash remains on but charging system works perfect.
-wired for accessory back up light if desired.
-missing one of the lenses on the rear passenger side marker light.
-super fun and goes like hell (for an 850!).
Please give me a shout at 503.515.5502 if you would like more info and I also have a google photo link with many pictures. I would like to get $12,750 for the car or best offer.
thanks very much,
PaulIMG_9632.jpg IMG_9633.jpg IMG_9667.jpg IMG_9637.jpg IMG_9657.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9638.jpg
    IMG_9638.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9696.jpg
    IMG_9696.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 51
I have never seen one of these, it looks really neat. maybe I should transplant my longing for an oldish Alfa to this. Hmmm.

There are few cars as beautiful in person as an 850 Sport Coupe.

As much as I love the X, my 850 will be the last car I sell.

This is a really nicely done example, the car is really lovely.

I have never seen one of these, it looks really neat. maybe I should transplant my longing for an oldish Alfa to this. Hmmm.

Here's another favorite thread of mine. An early model very well done. I wish Roar would repost the early build photos though.
https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/fiat-850-coupe-1967-1000ot.29552/

There was a white one for sale near me. I went and test drove it but didn't have the spare $3,000 he wanted for it. I deeply desire one now...

thanks so much for your comments and responses...This car was completely taken apart and put back together again. The body style really is beautiful from every angle; I have been working on a Fiat Dino Coupe for 8 years and this I think is a bit more attractive. It is amazing the amount of pep it has once the larger displacement motor is spinning. I always wanted one of these cars as my older brother had the series one version in the mid 70's when I was about 13 years old. He purchased it with a blown head gasket for $50 and got it back on the road in no time and repainted it as well. On the only long uphill road on Long Island NY it would gradually run out of steam on the long incline but it always would make it provided by my brother's downshifting and high revs. We were driving it around our neighborhood on the hilly narrow streets and had a head on collision with a Pontiac Cutlass; sadly that was the end of that sweet rig. david850.jpg

i remeber that a couple of years ago there was a restoration thread of a mark1 white 850 coupe, that thread was the reason i found this forum, at the time i was looking for an 850 coupe as well, then diverted on searching for a 128 coupè (easier to use as daily and less prone to overheating issues).. the restorer of the white 850 was Jeff Stich, correct? any update on that build?

Back