1972 Fiat wrecker on Ebay

very interesting, though I am guessing their more pieces then are shown. Coming from a towing back ground I see no sling or under reach. So more of a very cool boom truck. Unless I am missing something!

I thought the same thing.
I know nothing about towing, but the boom looks telescopic and it has those stabilizer feet in the back. Both probably not typical of a tow truck.

It seems like a very cleverly marketed orange mobile crane. :)

Yes for a sling to work you would have to stand the boom up. as the boom is to far aft of the tail board. their is some strange looking a frame in the back. But that would be a bar tow. not a tow truck (you would not be picking up one end of the broken) (and not a good idea for an emergency type move. Tow bar's are ok if properly installed. not to easy to "properly" install one on the side of the road in traffic.

(the side of the road is a VERY dangerous place a few years ago I got hit by a log truck when I was hooking the three axle wrecker to a double Decker bus. (I can post pic's if you want in the NFC forum)

Maybe it cannot tow a vehicle, but It would be the coolest engine hoist known to man :)

Formula car removal

It looks like one of the crane trucks you see at Fomula 1 races, where they just lift the car up from the top and it dangles while they tow it away.

Now that makes the most sense. As they need a good bit of reach to do that. (I have seen normal tow truck's used for this and they usually have to add on a jib) This boom looks to be over long for the Wheel base of the truck..

I would bet you hit the nail on the head their with the Formula 1 towing concept!!

Back