1976 Lancia Scorpion on CL

Looks like the owner has taken much better care of the Scorpion than his house. :D

Seems pretty nice.

From the ad:
The Scorpion is a sporty 46.9" tall Italian made car, better suited for shorter drivers.

Looks like the seller has installed the driver's seat delete option to accommodate taller drivers. :)

Should we be worried there are no interior shots?

Nahh........looks like a real nice original Scorpion.

I would wish that someone gives her "the home I hope she'll find"

Given the car's location.....if you miss out on this one...you will always regret it that " Lord I let her slip away"......

Last edited:
Could be a gem. No doubt it needs a lot of $$ thrown at it but it looks like it has plenty of potential. My favorite color for Scorpions; original paint too! Only a short 5-6 hour drive north.

Nahh........looks like a real nice original Scorpion.

I would wish that someone gives her "the home I hope she'll find"

Given the car's location.....if you miss out on this one...you will always regret it that " Lord I let her slip away"......

Hey mkmini. By liking my post...does that mean you understood what I was referring to ?? i wonder if anyone else did ?.......

Correct on all counts Mr. Whitstone......

And yeah......I guess we know the heater in the Scorp must be working well 'cause " every night she kept me from the cold". And yeah.....the wipers must work too..........

Well...first of all you would have had to notice that this Scorpion is in Salinas, California

Now Salinas is a town in northern California. Not known for much except for the infamy it gained from the song " Me and Bobbie McGee"

Written by Kris Kristofferson and covered by a legion of artists including Johnny Cash, Gordon Lightfoot, Pink, even The Grateful Dead. Perhaps most famously by Janis Joplin, who recorded it mere days before her death, after which it rose to #1 on the charts.

the famous verse from the song:

Then somewhere near Salinas , Lord , I let her slip away
She was looking for the home I hope she'll find
Well i'd trade all my tomorrows for a single yesterday

We can all kinda assign different meanings to song lyrics. Perhaps a love lost....or perhaps the lost opportunity of something you always coveted......like this Scorp......

Here is Kris's original version. Enjoy and pay attention at about the 2:14 mark :

and yeah....I know I'm a bit warped.....

Back