1979 x1/9 - Indy

Really enjoyed watching your progress on this, shame you have to let it go. Definitely a unique look in the rear. GLWS

Just over 8hrs.
I live very near the airport. Fly in, drive home! 517miles is nothing compared to HRPT last summer ;)

Just over 8hrs.
I live very near the airport. Fly in, drive home! 517miles is nothing compared to HRPT last summer ;)
I’ve never done any cross border shopping!! Lol If i’m not mistaken, you have to have all the paper work at the border 2 days ahead?? Will look into it!

I’ve never done any cross border shopping!! Lol If i’m not mistaken, you have to have all the paper work at the border 2 days ahead?? Will look into it!

There are a number of Xweb members in Michigan who could I am sure be stopping points or short term storage places if you needed a place to leave it while getting the paperwork sorted. Some are closer to the border than others (BigWalt and I are in the Grand Rapids area, Odie is in the Lansing area and there are a passel of folks in the greater Detroit area). Detroit is more along your way obviously.

You have to do this on line through a 3rd party. You need 72 hours from time of export and ITN being supplied before you exit the USA, if not 72 hours then you wait until 72 hours lapse.

I just imported a car in November 2018. Import/export terminals are Detroit and Lewiston NY. Also must be between 8:00 AM and 3:45 PM or you wait until the next day to export.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Another method. They do a road trip. Their car breaks down, they know you work on them. so they sign a repair form with you to fix it. They never pick it up and you file lean on it for the work you did.

done

Another method. They do a road trip. Their car breaks down, they know you work on them. so they sign a repair form with you to fix it. They never pick it up and you file lean on it for the work you did.

done
I have some spare Ontario ownerships and tags! Crap, I think I was supposed to use my inside voice!!!

Here are a few more x1/9 specific pics. Very clean tub.
IMG_1924 copy.JPG
IMG_1923 copy.JPG
IMG_1927 copy.JPG
IMG_1925 copy.JPG
IMG_1926 copy.JPG

And a couple interior shots. Quite spartan, just the necessities.
IMG_1928 copy.JPG
IMG_1929 copy.JPG

Back