1980 Fiat Bertone X 1/9 - $11500 (Cincinnati)

There is a limit to the number of cars I can have you know...covered headlight Spider, mmmm I even have a set of buckets with glass to go in those holes...

That looks nice but for that money I would expect to see more photos, including the underside.

I suppose you could get somewhere near that price but it would have to be better than show room perfect. Many details on this car are just not there... For half that price it would be a relevant offering...

Sorry for offtopic, but why x19 in USA has six numbers for millage, but in Europe just five?

Attachments

• IMG_1232.JPG
    IMG_1232.JPG
    334.1 KB · Views: 11
Sorry for offtopic, but why x19 in USA has six numbers for millage, but in Europe just five?

The US government started requiring the 6th digit on the odometer sometime in the '70's or '80's I think. A 5 digit can "roll over" and no longer show true mileage.

Pete

The US government started requiring the 6th digit on the odometer sometime in the '70's or '80's I think. A 5 digit can "roll over" and no longer show true mileage.

Pete
It must have been around 1980-81. My '79 X only has the 5 digits, but my '81 had the six.

It must have been around 1980-81. My '79 X only has the 5 digits, but my '81 had the six.

It seems different manufacturers adopted them at different times, some in the late 70's, and others not until the mid-80's. It must have been one of those things where the government said it was coming for a few years before they actually required it. Fiat/Bertone seemed to be on the early compliance end, while many GM cars did not have them until 85 or so.

Pete

Back