RED X19

image.jpg
The only thing I might say is to keep in mind you are dealing with fuel, and it burns really well outside of the engine also. So if one of those seats comes loose or a hose leaks, then you might end up with a really "hot" car (but not in a good way). ;)

Will make clamps of compressed copper pipe, as did on hose for clutch, this time will try different method.

Nice job with the copper clamp. How did you make the connection here...
image.jpg

The standard type of clamp used for fuel hoses with high pressure (like fuel injection systems) are these:
Z32FuelInjectionHoseClamps.jpg

They are not too expensive and work very well without leaks.

There was ribbed pipe originally under it. That banjo on clutch is from X19. Pipe is from Lada, Lada had straight end, without banjo, thread same, but it didn’t fit, not enough clearance between chassis.
Thanks, I have already bookmarked this photo, when You posted it few months ago..

I wouldn’t try that trick with an injector intended for a fuel rail. They are intended to be retained and sealed by a very different means. Using the original X rail intended for a hose connnection with the more modern rigid rail connnection is a very bad idea.

I would find a more modern injector intended for a hose connection to replace the ones you have.

How can it be that after a night there is omly 3 injectors left?! :D

*edit
took even seats out of the car, it’s not here, if You have spare Siemens DEKA 000 078 81 23 injector please let me know. Haven’t lost anything for years, except ladies :D

lost one that was taken out to make a pic hmm

Last edited:
That really sucks, sorry to hear about it. I hate people that steal. And what would they do with one random fuel injector? Probably didn't even know what it was, just saw it sitting out (after pictures were taken) and grabbed anything they could. Hope you have other seats? Anything else gone?

That really sucks, sorry to hear about it. I hate people that steal. And what would they do with one random fuel injector? Probably didn't even know what it was, just saw it sitting out (after pictures were taken) and grabbed anything they could. Hope you have other seats? Anything else gone?
Haha misunderstood me, I took out seats of my daily to find it. Or I left it somewhere out of the car, what is a bit unbelievable, or it’s still hiding somewhere in the car, where it should be. Mistery..

Ahhh, I misread what you were saying. My brother recently experienced a major theft from his home so I must of been thinking that direction. Glad nothing was taken, and I'm sure you will find the injector then. What I seem to be doing more lately is I know that I have a part from one of my projects stored, but now I can't find it. Where can all these parts be hiding?

Ahhh, I misread what you were saying. My brother recently experienced a major theft from his home so I must of been thinking that direction. Glad nothing was taken, and I'm sure you will find the injector then. What I seem to be doing more lately is I know that I have a part from one of my projects stored, but now I can't find it. Where can all these parts be hiding?
Mostly hidden under other stuf..

I really like this version of the Dallara, wing and all. This is what I'd do if I had one!
Will try to tell one long story shortly - why am here, as it’s raining at the moment and anyway don’t have better things to do.
One night in pub few years ago was absolutely “tired” and was waiting for my friend bartender. In that time I was restoring my first project, another Mini, what is another long story :D A friend, sculptor, from Academy of art wanted to talk how to restore cars and showed what he is going to buy -X19 - and what is going to make of it- Dallara (same photo). I was too “tired” to talk and even to try to distinguish what rusty details he is showing me, I asked to send me pics and will help how I can.
He sent me some pictures in a next day, but was no more interested to talk much. I tought he was afraid that I will buy that car before him. And if somebody os afraid- there must be a good point for that.
Only facts I knew was: city where is the car, pics with car and backyard of house in background, and figured out that on south of house is forest with pines.
Found every street on google maps where is forest on south of houses. After that on street view was searching for house in beige color with dark brown gutters (most of houses here look like that). After few hours of searching without success asked to one of my friends to take a ride criss-cross through that city while am looking around . There wasn’t that house. Asked to another friend, who lived in neighbor of that city, had she seen that house. She didn’t recognize the house, but X19 in the photos :D, the house of a man who build an engines of dirt bike for her.

House was on border of those two cities.

Anyway owner said that one guy is going to buy it so I have to wait in a row. Bought that 1977 “special edition” after few months, on a way home met some guy who used another x19 in autocross, he gave me phone numbers of another two owners of X19 in Latvia and DOHC engine from Regatta which was in his X19 for autocross (IIRC with Lada’s gearbox).

Sold that 1977 after few months, it was too rusty for my competence and abilities.

Another owner of X19 was willing to give me for free this 1981 after ~2 years, as he was loosing property where it x19 was located.

And so I’m here with this 1981 and the photo of Dallara..

This sounds like addicted’s story on meeting :D

So, no one has built a Dallara there yet. Sounds like it would be very well received by everyone. But very big project.

And any girl that knows about cars and rides dirt bikes is worth chasing. :)

Since I'm going to do the K24 swap, I can sell one of my (I made two) converted chippable WSB EZK ECU's, if you haven't had any success locating the vendor. It's already chipped with Fiat NA timing map that works, you'd likely have to remove some timing for turbo application, but it would run off the bat. I could also remap a chip with Turbo timing if you have the curve/map info. I added a OBD port to the box, a friend in the Netherlands was workign on a logging solution, but hasn't had time to continue with it recently. Let me know.

X19wastedspark00007.jpg

X19_LH24_00080a.jpg

I also have the Mitsu power stage with harness made to plug into the Bosch coil (no spare coil) - I ended up using the Bosch Powerstage instead.

X19wastedspark00008.jpg

ACD83F62-9F67-4270-B723-84FAD5F7760F.jpeg
D0A49483-E2EA-4DBC-A836-0B0F97D2F40D.jpeg
3F38711A-D9C0-4992-8504-1A7EBA43AB12.jpeg
29B73B16-6F0A-4F50-B85A-9CB49F723B45.jpeg
93E14330-DEBB-4598-AE02-0BE676B0D120.jpeg
0D14D059-E953-4F1D-8CEB-88F9EA0B65D3.jpeg
16x9 and 16x7,5
Front wheels have too big backspace,

Looks that these wheels won’t stay there for long.

Some more update will follow soon. I hope :D

Those wheels look pretty decent on the car. I'm confused about the measurements - if the wheel has 14.5" backspace, how can it only be 7.5" tire width? :D

Back