RED X19

7A31FB55-4C00-435B-A7B8-611AFC05D5BA.jpeg
70FCC19D-A51C-4CF9-896B-A84792FE1F82.jpeg
not perfectly prepared for painting, but I difn’t want anymore to sand and bondo it, little coffe break and after that will do 2nd layer
RAL7031

I love that color. I'm considering a similar grey that is a little bit lighter shade. But I may just stick to the white that I already have some paint leftover. Looks great, nice work. ;)

I’m going to paint all chrome parts matt black. Maybe I will add some accents where didn’t prepare enough before painting :D

In a previous thread I posted some pics of grey cars with accents in red and possibly other colors (don't recall now). When I get back to my computer I'll look for them and repost here.

Unfortunately I could not find the photos I had with color accents on grey cars. But I did find another shot of the car Bjorn referenced. It was on display at a show I went to last year:

88017.jpg

One of the features I liked on it is the roof scoop to feed air to the mid-engine. Gives me thoughts for a snorkel on the X1/9:

88015.jpg

Good evening! What are Your thoughts about cutting off rear lower corners ?
index.php
index.php

Following on your thought about removing the rear corners. At this year's SEMA show I saw an example of a race Porsche with the rear trimmed for aerodynamics. Thought of your post :D. Sorry pictures are dark in the rear area:

006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg

That looks amazing. Did you do it yourself?
You know, a nice fuzzy black fur steering cover would be warm in the winter...and I see a good source for it. :D
I also see some fancy sox. :p

That looks amazing. Did you do it yourself?
You know, a nice fuzzy black fur steering cover would be warm in the winter...and I see a good source for it. :D
I also see some fancy sox. :p

Yes, I did it. He is young, so that fur is very soft :D

Thanks motoTrooper, am trying my best this time.

added small leather on spokes, if it ever is going to be used, won’t hit fingers so hard :D

can’t decide what to do with interior:
•vinil things+leather seats
•vinil things+velour(or similar) seats
•some fancy cloth for full interior like my socks :D
CF93C9C8-F5EC-4F82-9697-5DD50EF81F56.jpeg

This Strato’s interior is my favorite for these wedge kind of cars, but with grey car would black interior be better?
CEA3836D-0C54-4A9E-9864-426BE9CA7B14.jpeg

If anyone has one for sale, cheap like this let me know
7E9C6B3F-A4D9-44FE-8F23-7265346A4C56.jpeg

Janis, you need to teach me how to recover a steering wheel like that. Looks simply amazing, great work. Maybe a new source of income for you to restore them?

For the interior I like to use more than one type of material and more than one color tone. But not high contrasts, just ones that complement each other. Perhaps some cloth/velour on the seating surfaces (for comfort) and vinyl/leather on the dash and doors (for durability). Maybe even a bit of the seat cloth across part of the doors for accent. And for your grey paint I'd look at charcoal grey and black two tone colors. Like the carpet black and everything else grey (possibly even two tones of grey mixed). Just thoughts. On the other hand I've seen some high contrasts (red interior on white body, or light tan interior on dark body) that looked good also.

Nice work on the wheel. I like the cat too. We also adopted a black cat (and 3 others) - many people here abandon them for superstitious reasons.

Wheelskins make form fitting leather covers here in the US, that's what I've used myself to recover an old wheel.

Wheelskins make form fitting leather covers here in the US, that's what I've used myself to recover an old wheel.
That's what I've always done as well. But Janis made his look completely original and new, which the WheelSkins don't quite achieve.

Janis, did you find an instructional video or other info source on how to do the stitching, etc?

That's what I've always done as well. But Janis made his look completely original and new, which the WheelSkins don't quite achieve.

Janis, did you find an instructional video or other info source on how to do the stitching, etc?
I don’t have professional sewing machine, it can be done with some cheap used electrical sewing machine(have actually but it has snapped teethbelt :D )

Yes, I bought because it is fancy+black+toyota, and because of that can add #toyota and #supra tags on instagram hahahaha
3D511E97-6B3E-4E21-B8D4-4F14D38B3731.jpeg

it can be done with some cheap used electrical sewing machine
Believe it or not, I already have a sewing machine similar to that. It was acquired many years ago when my girlfriend at the time said she would do some things with it. That never happened, but I've managed to do a couple minor repairs myself. I did not think it would sew leather, it seems to jam a lot even sewing cloth. But perhaps some thin suede might work.

I haven't watched the video yet (I will). But I'm sure you did the stitching around the inside by hand?

I can't get over how professional your wheel looks. ;)

Did a little practice today on e30 seat by changing cloth on the sides to be sure could I do full interior on X19. Looks that it is worth to try.
B10B6816-46AF-40CF-8E32-C903F50E30FE.jpeg
83BA9834-1448-4CC3-A2C9-5BFC702BFF48.jpeg

sorry, couln’t make photos without cat, one or another was alway there sitting, they tought that I bring it for them.

Material for full interior will be ~200€. Decided to go full black in interior, because I always wear blue jeans that could fade on seats, and those jeans sometimes are bit dirty :D

There will be two types of material one for carpet and one for all other parts.
I call this a buisnessman’s jacket design (they all wear that marine blue one :D ), for carpet.

7B223E53-D2A6-40B4-860E-2DB97435BB2A.jpeg

That ^ light brown ^ also looks fantastic unfortunately :/

And for interior fake Alcantara

57A56FDB-447F-4C0F-BFE5-5B5B2C1A4DE0.jpeg

A05CA020-F8A2-46AA-8A1D-4FD2DEE4A83F.jpeg

450A7406-BC4D-478A-8506-EE21A2804EF8.png

And a hapy new year to You too!

By the way this is what I got in present at Christmas evening :D At least nothing was stollen, not even Bosch instrument set, radio, wallet :D , very tasty apple, jumpstart cables, nothing.
7F986B67-ED75-4D44-9E03-3B15EBDBEDB8.jpeg

Back