RED X19

It is tipicaly, but there was only one day with ice on the road on january. I like how warm this year have started. An also like that radiator too :D

But I still can't read it. :D

But I'll bet your temps do not get nearly as low as where Janis is. His recent post says it is typically -30 to -40 C! That's friggin cold! Somehow I can't imagine Woodside Calif getting much below 0 C. ;)
I think the coldest it has been since I've lived here is 18F. We get snow every few years and it usually does go below freezing every year. Since we are on top of a mountain (~1,700'), it does tend to run about 10 degrees colder than SF except on summer mornings when it is often 10 degrees warmer since we are usually above the fog. What is sometimes worse than the temperature is the wind chill. My X lives in a stable, and by design has lots of airflow through it. When the cold, damp wind is coming in from the Pacific (~7 miles as the crow flies), the stable can become a rather unattractive place to be working on the X. When I started the restoration, I quickly had the car in small enough pieces that I was able to continue working through the winter in my basement. Once it was time to put the car back together, I couldn't play that game any more. My next project should probably be to build a garage with a heater.

Both directions together 3 days.

@Bjorn Nilson , same company here in Latvia asked 340€ for the glass. Did inscurance in Your situation cover 240€?
Yes, that figure is in the right area. The cost for the windscreen here is like 380 EUR but the insurance cover 280 EUR. This is a very good and cheap insurance available for classic cars only via Swedish Historic Motor Association (SMH). Unfortunately it is not available for you.

When I started the restoration, I quickly had the car in small enough pieces that I was able to continue working through the winter in my basement. Once it was time to put the car back together, I couldn't play that game any more.
That's pretty much my situation, but reversed. Due to the unbearable heat here I did the same; disassembled the cars into smaller packages that I could bring into a air-conditioned area to work on. But things are starting to stall because I haven't done any more work on the body shells that are still outside.

I wish I had a radiator that size on the wall of where I work on my car. Especially this time of year.

I'm about to fit a 6300Kw air-conditioner in my shed and I don't think it will cope with the 45 degree Celsius it reaches some days.

I'm about to fit a 6300Kw air-conditioner in my shed and I don't think it will cope with the 45 degree Celsius it reaches some days.
We've been known to hit as high as 50C, but 45C is the norm throughout the majority of the year. I installed a rather small 5500Kw A/C unit in my garage (shed). It actually does a much better job of cooling than I expected. I choose the size of the unit due to what electrical circuits already existed (I did not want to add a new circuit just for the A/C, as I did not plan to be here very long). So it was smaller than I estimated I would need. However if I turn it on before the garage gets too hot inside (e.g. in the morning) and let it run for about an hour or so before I go out there, then the inside temp is very comfortable. And the unit maintains it throughout the day. I did add two circulation fans in the garage to move the air around in a big circle; to push the cool air away from the A/C unit and the hot air toward it. For the cost and effort to install it, I am very pleased with how it performs.

Teaser how will upholster seats. In my opinion, original upholstery looks looks like Fiat wanted to drop on costs few $ , except special edition and ones like red leather are made.
EE7F92B5-8FB2-4C3E-B16D-6C2DC7DDC7BB.jpeg
E3D40E79-3110-4F91-BF7C-BFDED1B58770.jpeg
FF9AE13E-577D-4273-B9E7-483ADA3B54F1.jpeg
C16B367F-CB2D-496C-8859-931840B31132.jpeg

hahaha
Yes, professional artists know that border when it is finished and has to stop doing an artwork

I feel sad what I have done to the first seat.
So that’s ehy this will be the song my X19 sings :D

and few other photos that came out better then seat(I am going to make it better)
A50844FC-1050-4543-B558-93AA4BD01F70.jpeg
C57D69A5-1003-459F-90B1-8AE9D1EB8087.jpeg
54ED8480-D9E8-45E0-AE4C-ADB23A1E49FC.jpeg
695AA02F-206D-4E64-83D8-5C233AA37ECD.jpeg
1254CC26-14F4-40EB-A9FC-BADA65CFF494.jpeg

Don't be so hard on yourself. Upholstery work isn't easy and requires practice; it's more like doing art work than mechanical work. Actually the seat isn't that bad, unfortunately I've seen worse come out of professional shops. And most of the do-it-yourself seat recover kits (pre-made seat covers) also tend to come out looking worse in my opinion. Plus the dash looks great. ;)

I like the TPS adapter bracket. I'll need to make one for my turbo engine because like you the aftermarket ECU uses a different type than stock.

Looks a ton better than the old one. When you get the other one done and learn the tricks better, you'll probably want to redo the first.

I just completely restitched one of my motorcycle saddles I did before, added more foam and reshaped too...

Great job. The first time is always hard.
I've just had a quote for recovering my X seats in leather $2000, OMG!:( It'll have to be fitted sheepskins.

Back