RED X19

Nice - so that will funnel all air from the side vent to the IC, I assume. What did you use to seal the duct work to the innder chassis? Can't tell what the yellow stuff is in the pics.

Are you going to extend the outer duct to make sure enough air actually enters - it does seem that airflow entry (through the stock design outer duct) at that point is not ideal.

Nice - so that will funnel all air from the side vent to the IC, I assume. What did you use to seal the duct work to the innder chassis? Can't tell what the yellow stuff is in the pics.

Are you going to extend the outer duct to make sure enough air actually enters - it does seem that airflow entry (through the stock design outer duct) at that point is not ideal.
Yellow stuff is what I had, didn’t want to go to the store for some better material in better color, poliurethane glue I think it is.
This sketch on the yellow car, is what it is going to look from outside, except color.
In near future am going to extend stock air scoops as in picture.
24EC6E9B-5685-4155-8FB4-DA0DADFF0A7F.jpeg

Again usual pictures of x19 on a trailer :D
on the road for last elctrician's touchups
*have no idea why these pictures are rotated
7C145270-F16C-45C3-A182-9E34E5BB23EC.jpeg
A2D1C674-720C-4DC0-82F1-665ADBD827E8.jpeg
5E13F9BC-8A7E-4070-9A80-E6903D123F6A.jpeg
BEB382EC-630E-448A-BD5E-EADD8789CF98.jpeg

Let us know how it goes. You should be able to drive it back home rather than tow it. :)
Regarding the tow vehicle, European Fords look so much better than ours.

Why are they all twisted like that?

One way to do away with lacing or tie wraps... Break-out any particular wire to distribute when and where its needed. Simple and effective but consumes a bit more wire, which shouldn't be any real detriment.

Concentric twisting did not originate in the military and aerospace industry as people would assume, rather it is recommended by TE Connectivity for motorsport applications for both reliability and flexibility. As the motorsport industry wants to limit the chance of anything going wrong on a race day, these principles have been adopted to ensure maximum reliability so as not to cost thousands in a wasted opportunity from a defective wiring harness. So remember next time to see a high-end harness it's not 'mil-spec' but rather something more akin to 'race-spec'.

learn something every day!
https://www.hpacademy.com/technical-articles/the-truth-about-concentric-twisting/

Back