1982 Fiat Other Bertone - Ebay auction in VA

I'm watching that one... His text says it was stripped to bare metal, but the listing doesn't have pics of the trunk and other "usual spots". More pics would bring more action, I'd think.

Looks like the seller has opted to change from a no reserve auction to a $7000 or best offer approach. I agree, it would have been better if he had documented the restoration with detailed photos so folks could get a sense of the substrate he started with and what was done. More details about any upgrades vs standard performance parts would be welcome. For my taste, I actually like the CD91 wheels instead of the black aftermarkets, and the decals, at least the non-traditional ones, are not necessary. I prefer originality, but to each his own of course. Otherwise it looks really nice. I love the color. It looks like the dash has been covered. The LED illumination is a nice touch. Not sure how I feel about the rear spoiler. Has an Mk1 MR2 look. Will be curious to see how the sale goes.

Another really nice X1/9!!! Maybe someday Gary’s will look that good.
Oh, and stickers make it go faster. So this one probably tops out at 145mph.
Mike

I contacted the seller with a couple of questions. He is going to send some pictures of the car.

From the seller:
Hi,
As far as the muffler.....it's kind of a long story. I purchased the header, muffler and tail pipes as a complete set from Allison automotive. Paid 1600.00 for it. When I was setting the timing after motor install I had a backfire, nothing out of the ordinary but it split the new muffler right down the seam. I contacted Allison automotive and all they would do send me was the muffler less the connects that mount tail pipes to muffler. It's no big deal to fix.....I just don't weld. I can send pics of the rebuild.
I rebuilt the motor from bottom up using nothing but OEM parts. I've been building motors since I was a kid......40 years experience. What is your e mail? I will send pics.
The rust was minimal for a X19 Only right bottom quarter panel and bottom of doors ( replaced both doors) . One small spot on underside of left front fender and one floor pan. ( Replaced.floor pan)

Sounds like a stand up guy. Suspect someone will snap it up. Would love to see the pics if he’s willing to send them along

Looks like he found a buyer. That explains why he did not send any pictures.
Good luck to the new owner.

Back