1984 Retsoration project

Vincenzo7

True Classic
Well the Alfa has gone to a new home and work continues on the '84 X
the car had 58,000 miles , paint was shot (silver was bad , charcoal was ok) having the whole car re-sprayed top silver bottom -either high beltline or low- Black - leaning toward low beltline .
new belts. hoses, wires ,
VAS cold air intake, VAS Autostrade 15" wheels , Prima front brakes
KYB coilovers in front from Bayless - euro bumper conversion Bayless- Blade & Block kit
bodywork is moving along
Keeping red interior for now - had the drivers seat seam repaired , looks ok - will probably switch over to black next year
can't wait to get on the road !

Just some thoughts Vince...

1. Rudy had a triple black Alfa once and for some reason the factory installed a RED carpet! WOW... did it make everything else POP. I couldn't believe it as my FIRST thought was to dye or replace it with BLACK. But man, did it set off the dash and seats and all... maybe kinda like the "red carpet" for premiers and the like. Anyway, think about it if you go to black seat covers...

2. Red interiors go very well with Silver cars...

3. Keep those fot0s coming.

p.s. Mounted that spoiler yesterday... a 4 bolt job took a few hours! The BRAND NEW OLD STOCK did exactly like my old one did and buckled a bit when I bolted it up tight! HA!

First I grabbed the grille instead of the spoiler and gave it a tweak which caused about 4 breaks in the plastic... so I hadta pull that off and repair it as well.

A bit of heat from my HF 1000w gun and some wood to persuade it with started to work until the gun went belly-up... then the Benzomatic finished the job.

HA! Nothing is ever as simple as it should be or seems!

Thanks again... anyway!

Hey Tony

Sorry to hear it was a bit of a project - nothing is ever as easy as it should be .

Went to visit the car the other day Body work is coming along - decided high beltline - black - silver on top - flat black targa and engine cover
Possibly doing rear section in flat black as well
Seat seam has been repaired - I'm meeting with a guy from Fibrenew leather restoration company - thinking of going with a re-spray on the seats and door cards in a burgundy
seems pretty cool and !/2 the price of a new interior
I need to reel myself in on this project - :dead:
will keep you posted
http://www.fibrenew.com/markets-we-service/automotive-leather-plastic-fiber-repair/

Yur doin' great Vince...

All that you are doing will work well!

Today's dyes are great! Even the folks at "Just Dashes" use dyes to match customer's interiors as find the correct fabic (vinyl, leather) can sometimes be impossible.

I resprayed a friends arm rests in a light "sand" color over a dark charcoal vinyl. Two coats and you would think it came from the factory! I also found, and get this... MANY other shades are available inexpensively through shoe and purse resources! HA! I really needed to go there first!

Back