1985 Fiat X 1/9 - $1000 (Fort Worth) - CL listing

I don't see a lot of rust. Maybe this one could be saved. Hard to know without a close inspection in-person.

Ad says it was professionally taken apart. Whew, that's a relief!o_O

Last edited:
I think in this context professionally disassembled means they used tools and put the parts in one location...

which seems to be simply "back in the car." Then he took it home.

Boy you X people are fussy! In the 600/850 world it's standard to roll all windows down, open hood and remove air cleaner just before rainy season.
And id a Spider to lower the top art way!

I spoke to the seller a bit when he listed this on FB marketplace. He was offering parts at the time. He told me he’d be interested in putting it back together himself if he could get a title. I don’t know more about the circumstances, but i figured it may be one that is worth getting a title vs scrapping. (Not for me, however)

In Texas when a car is purchased without a title the state will issue a "bonded title" if you buy a $100 bond to protect the issuing agency from liability. But you also have to sit around for THREE years hoping the last title holder of record doesn't swoop in and take THEIR car away. Yikes! If you can last three years the agency will issue a clear title that doesn't say BONDED in huge letters.

Back