1986 X on Ebay in Asheville, NC

I'd drop an $8000 bid in a flash for that car if I were a young gun looking to buy my first sports car. Beats the hell out of some psuedo-JDM POS, riddled with Auto-Zone chrome bits. Not a bad looking X at all. Especially with the low miles.

Looks like this X was originally black, judging by the under side of the rear trunk lid. I like the gray color, it looks classy on the X and there is nothing wrong with picking a good color and changing up your X (I color changed my 85). The seats look like they were fabric painted or dyed, but I wonder why the owner didn't do the same for the original door cards. The current door cards are not very good looking. Fortunately, you can get stock door cards from MWB and dye/paint them as needed.

It looks like a solid car in the provided photos, but according to the history report this car was in VT from 1999-2019. It already had 59,167 miles on it in 1999. The odometer currently shows 60,900 miles. I wonder where it lived before it showed up in VT? I would be asking for detailed under side and common rust area photos before bidding too much. Maybe I am just getting too picky as I approach the "grumpy old man" stage of my life. :)

Back