1986x19 for sale california

tech32

Ive owned this rust free california car since the early 90's. Im second owner. It last ran in 2004, parked inside since. Headgskt leaked, and I let it sit too long. It needs headgasket, timing belt job, and the hydraulics gone thru. I am professional mechanic, and the car is parked in my shop. I need to make room for more projects. This car was my daily driver from after college til I got married. It never had any electrical problems or otherwise, completely reliable. Im including set 74 bumpers I aquired, along with all my repair manuals, and a bunch of collector books about x19. This is a good starter package for that person who wants to get into an X with one of the latest models. Tires are new 10 plus years old. Had them shipped from europe to maintain the size. I also have a box full of old NOS gskts, filters and this and that, some special tools Ill never need. I am asking $4500 or best offer. Must be able to trailer it away. Email me at woodman077@gmail. serious offers only, please.
IMG_6168.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6169.JPG
    IMG_6169.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_6170.JPG
    IMG_6170.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6172.JPG
    IMG_6172.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6173.JPG
    IMG_6173.JPG
    304.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6174.JPG
    IMG_6174.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6175.JPG
    IMG_6175.JPG
    293.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6176.JPG
    IMG_6176.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6177.JPG
    IMG_6177.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6178.JPG
    IMG_6178.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_6179.JPG
    IMG_6179.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6180.JPG
    IMG_6180.JPG
    299.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6167.JPG
    IMG_6167.JPG
    513.9 KB · Views: 86
Always the wrong coast.

Nice and good luck with the sale. You are giving this away…
From everything he’s said, in Ca., what do you think - $3k of work minimum? An average repair shop of no-name reputation usually charges $110 hr.

Ive owned this rust free california car since the early 90's. Im second owner. It last ran in 2004, parked inside since. Headgskt leaked, and I let it sit too long. It needs headgasket, timing belt job, and the hydraulics gone thru. I am professional mechanic, and the car is parked in my shop. I need to make room for more projects. This car was my daily driver from after college til I got married. It never had any electrical problems or otherwise, completely reliable. Im including set 74 bumpers I aquired, along with all my repair manuals, and a bunch of collector books about x19. This is a good starter package for that person who wants to get into an X with one of the latest models. Tires are new 10 plus years old. Had them shipped from europe to maintain the size. I also have a box full of old NOS gskts, filters and this and that, some special tools Ill never need. I am asking $4500 or best offer. Must be able to trailer it away. Email me at woodman077@gmail. serious offers only, please.
View attachment 55123
Just curious as I'm one of the "guest" 850 Fiat people here but did this car sell new In Redding California? If so I almost bought it from a Cadillac dealer who acquired some of the last ones imported in a wholesale lot.

The dealership in San Jose might have been European Auto Imports. My parent's former neighbor used to work there and would take their 131 there as the Volvo/Fiat dealership local to us were um.. idiots.

Where are you located? I'm not in the market, but if you're local to me - I'm in Silicon Valley of the SF Bay Area - I could be another set of eyes to give it a look see for anyone here interested.

From everything he’s said, in Ca., what do you think - $3k of work minimum? An average repair shop of no-name reputation usually charges $110 hr.

There's a lot of unknowns. Can the engine be turned over? Without listing out what I'm seeing, $3,000 is probably the minimum it needs... possibly more so a closer inspection and/or lots more photos would definitely help.

The dealership in San Jose might have been European Auto Imports. My parent's former neighbor used to work there and would take their 131 there as the Volvo/Fiat dealership local to us were um.. idiots.

Where are you located? I'm not in the market, but if you're local to me - I'm in Silicon Valley of the SF Bay Area - I could be another set of eyes to give it a look see for anyone here interested.
Yep, thats the place. Im on blossom hill road, south san jose. Im willing to go to $4k, I wanna move it soon. I can be reached at woodman077@gmail.com. Not sure how safe it is to put my cell number out here, I get enough spam as it is. This car was driven daily, and registration was 2004. Figure I drove it til 05 or so and it blew the head gskt. I had gone thru all the timing belt stuff not long before that, fuel pump, maint stuff was perfect. I seriously babied this car, and I just adore it. At this point, sitting that long didnt do good thing to the aluminum, and I drained the tank a long time ago. Im busy working along side that lift on a daily basis, and if someone is serious, I can take the time to put it up and get closer look at it all. Ive been back and forth on selling it, but I have to treat it like a bandaid and a bad boo boo and just do it quickly. We all heard our dads talking about that one car, they wished they never sold. If I only had a huge shop and I was retired..

Last edited:

Those were the guys on Stevens Creek Blvd. Gone a very long time. There was a Fiat parts place that lasted at least into the 90s in Santa Clara.

Yep, thats the place. Im on blossom hill road, south san jose. Im willing to go to $4k, I wanna move it soon. I can be reached at woodman077@gmail.com. Not sure how safe it is to put my cell number out here, I get enough spam as it is. This car was driven daily, and registration was 2004. Figure I drove it til 05 or so and it blew the head gskt. I had gone thru all the timing belt stuff not long before that, fuel pump, maint stuff was perfect. I seriously babied this car, and I just adore it. At this point, sitting that long didnt do good thing to the aluminum, and I drained the tank a long time ago. Im busy working along side that lift on a daily basis, and if someone is serious, I can take the time to put it up and get closer look at it all. Ive been back and forth on selling it, but I have to treat it like a bandaid and a bad boo boo and just do it quickly. We all heard our dads talking about that one car, they wished they never sold. If I only had a huge shop and I was retired..
Has the car been on non-op since 2004?

Those were the guys on Stevens Creek Blvd. Gone a very long time. There was a Fiat parts place that lasted at least into the 90s in Santa Clara.
I think the place in Santa Clara was European Auto Imports. The Fiat dealership on Stevens Creek was called something else. I spent a lot of money with Don at European Auto. From what (little) I recall, he ran the parts department originally at the dealership on Stevens Creek and then opened his own business.

I think the place in Santa Clara was European Auto Imports. The Fiat dealership on Stevens Creek was called something else. I spent a lot of money with Don at European Auto. From what (little) I recall, he ran the parts department originally at the dealership on Stevens Creek and then opened his own business.
I guess they were both Santa Clara. I just found a receipt from 5/24/1979 from European Auto Imports. The address is 4595 Stevens Creek Blvd, Santa Clara. I found a number of 90s receipts from European Auto Fiat Parts Center, 2450 Scott Blvd, Santa Clara. That must have been the one the parts guy opened since the Fiat dealers were shut down by then. A few other Fiat dealers around I bought parts from was Sunnyvale Imports, 251 West El Camino, Sunnyvale, and Star Motor Imports, 375 S. Market, San Jose. I bought my car from Peninsula European in Palo Alto but they were incompetent so I avoided doing business with them even though they were close by.

I guess they were both Santa Clara. I just found a receipt from 5/24/1979 from European Auto Imports. The address is 4595 Stevens Creek Blvd, Santa Clara. I found a number of 90s receipts from European Auto Fiat Parts Center, 2450 Scott Blvd, Santa Clara. That must have been the one the parts guy opened since the Fiat dealers were shut down by then. A few other Fiat dealers around I bought parts from was Sunnyvale Imports, 251 West El Camino, Sunnyvale, and Star Motor Imports, 375 S. Market, San Jose. I bought my car from Peninsula European in Palo Alto but they were incompetent so I avoided doing business with them even though they were close by.
America's Tire is now at 4595 Stevens Creek Blvd. Just a month ago I took my fiat 500e there for new tires, and it is also where I got tires mounted for my X1/9 a few years ago.. Continuity, in a contrived way...

America's Tire is now at 4595 Stevens Creek Blvd. Just a month ago I took my fiat 500e there for new tires, and it is also where I got tires mounted for my X1/9 a few years ago.. Continuity, in a contrived way...
I was about to post that it's now America's Tire. And as @dllubin said, it is in Santa Clara. That side of the street is Santa Clara, the other side is San Jose. San Jose British Cars (?) used to be about where Cost Plus is now.

Yes, I had a bad experience at that America's Tire a few years back. Their tire jockey destroyed all the 2 piece lug nuts on my year old car by using a 13/16" impact on 3/4" nuts. The manager said they would replace them and then tried to charge me $200 for them. After I began to make a scene which caused some customers to leave, he handed me the box of new lug nuts and I left. They were still in the old Fiat building when I was there but I think they had a new building last I went by.

Yes, I had a bad experience at that America's Tire a few years back. Their tire jockey destroyed all the 2 piece lug nuts on my year old car by using a 13/16" impact on 3/4" nuts. The manager said they would replace them and then tried to charge me $200 for them. After I began to make a scene which caused some customers to leave, he handed me the box of new lug nuts and I left. They were still in the old Fiat building when I was there but I think they had a new building last I went by.
Yeah. I've got a few horror stories from that shop as well. From not mounting autocross and "roll the car around" tires because the date codes were out of date even though they used to do that for me to trying to get my (then girlfriend, now) wife to replace all 4 tires on her X3 for a nail through the center of the tire tread of the left rear tire. The first reason was that it was a sidewall puncture. The second reason was it was tread separation! (this was pointed out by the technician declaring the car was unsafe to drive) because of the uneven tire wear on the rear tires. When I pointed out that BMW cambers the rear wheels and the other BMWs in the shop at the time - there were a few X3s and an X5 - had the exact same wear pattern, they called out the supervisor who agreed it was none of the above and agreed to repair the puncture. They even did me "a favor" by the tire repair for free - which is what they always did anyway.

The current tires I have on my X - 175/70-13 - I picked up at Tires Unlimited / Stress Free Auto Care in San Jose (although when I was last there, it was pretty stress free before they were (I'm guessing) bought out by Stress Free). I had them do the mounting and balancing on my CD-58 wheels. When I said "Magnesium wheels," they indicated it wouldn't be a problem. I've had a wheel bent by a previous shop. They were also able to unstick my stuck inner tie rod end too. So all in all, I was pretty happy with them. Enough so that I bought new tires for my Jeep Grand Cherokee there last year.

I'm local to you - I'm in Santa Clara so Blossom Hill is an easy trek.

If you're up for a visit, I might be able to come by and take a look at the car. I'm not in the market for a car, but maybe another set of eyes on the car could help you get some (more?) interest in your car.

What car has nuts in fraction inches?

Back