20 year in the garage... Car is ready but brake fluid is not going to the calipers

I did the test Eric suggested by using a compressor in the hard line to see if air is reaching the calipers. And it seems there is a problem there. In the line for the 2 front brakes, the air is reaching the driver side, but not the passenger. And both of the rear lines are not reaching the calipers. Seems I have to explore a little more. I just hope there is easier solution than changing the complete brake lines. Maybe I will see at the junction block if air is reaching there.

I get the shivers every time I read a brake problem thread because that's a job I have to do someday. I bought my car with the brakes inoperable (that's why it was parked), the more I read the more I am inclined to ditch the entire pedal setup and modify a floor mount Tilton or Wilwood pedal assembly to work. i have a back injury......so not looking forward to doing this even though I have all new parts. Good luck.

I was wrong (@DrJeff will say "as usual") assuming there was one line for the front and 2 for the rears. It's the reverse. So my right front line was tested assuming the air will goes to the rear. So I will have to redo the testing for the front.

I read through the thread - and I don't think I saw anyone say "change your flex lines" - they're most likely collapsed inside/swelled up. No fluid without huge pressure will flow through them.

Do you have new flex lines? I put on some Stainless Steel lines.

I read through the thread - and I don't think I saw anyone say "change your flex lines" - they're most likely collapsed inside/swelled up. No fluid without huge pressure will flow through them.

Do you have new flex lines? I put on some Stainless Steel lines.
New hoses from the reservoirs to the masters, new masters, new slave, new brake flex hoses, new clutch flex hose, new calipers. Only old parts are the reservoirs (not leaking) and the hard lines and fittings and the junction blocks (near the masters and in the engine compartment).

Slow progress. Now I could get compressed air at both front caliper. Next step will be to unplug the fitting at the junction box in the engine bay to see (again with compressed aid) if the block is forward (master to junction) or if there is air, it means is toward the end (between junction box and caliperS). If it's the later I will remove the flex hoses. They are brand new but it could be the hose or where the hose connect to the caliper, or even the caliper itself. All brand new stuff but who knows!

My progress is slow (I'm too busy cleaning the transmission of my other x19) but there is some: with pressure air, I tested separately all components (hard line from the master to the calipers, flex hoses, calipers), and on all corners, air is circulating fine. So my problem was with the hoses from the reservoirs that were too compressed in the hole between the frunk and the pedal box. Now that it is corrected, next step will be to put back the master cylinder. I'm just waiting for the 8x1.25 die (order from Amazon) that was missing in my tap and die box to do threads on both side of the long stud. I cut the head of the bolt to remove it and I will be fitting nuts at both ends. Thanks for all those who made suggestions. I will be back when I will start bleeding again...

Back