2012 fiat 500 pop 57k i love and hate

joe77

Hello everyone,

We bought a used 2012 fiat 500 pop with 54k miles on it. Very well maintained(obtained all maintenance history). At 56k miles the transmission went out. We were told its chain driven and couldnt be repaired so transmission was replaced(thank god we bought extended warranty which we had never done previously). Ever since its been replaced we have to randomly jump start the car. Battery has been replaced. That did not resolve the issue. It has to be jumped randomly. Some days when its extremely cold, https://discord.software/ fetLife itunes
some days when its not as cold. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I now turn everything off before turning car off and that does not seem to help. Car is now(for the 3rd time in the 1 year we have owned it) back at the dealership waiting to find out the problem. Does anyone have any ideas? A parasitic drain on the battery? Some weird short from having the transmission replaced? I love my car but this is getting ridiculous.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I vote parasitic drain. A hot wire crimped between two metal pieces when they were bolted together, with enough contact to draw current.

Our 2012 had a starting problem, but it was a bad connection at the starter solenoid. It just randomly wouldn't start. This doesn't sound like the problem you are having though. Have you measured the battery voltage when it is not starting?

I would change the starter contact. You don't say whether the lights etc., all come on, but no crank, or if everything is dead. Assuming the former, do the contact.

IMG-6843.jpg

Mine (wife's 2012 Sport) looked like this:

erratic no start condition

IMG-6858.jpg

Back