2019 Dependability Ratings

When it came time for me to purchase a reliable commuter I was all excited to test drive the 500 abarth. I went around to bunch of local Fiat dealers and drove pre-owned. They were an absolute blast to drive; zippy, handled well, loud exhaust, all in all put a smile on my face each time. I just couldn't pull the trigger, something about it was off and I knew there would be problems down the line. I do miss driving it, but I'm still confident that I don't miss purchasing one. Ended up driving away with a 2013 Veloster Turbo. Rough suspension/ride aside, it is a great vehicle. Glad to see hyundai at least somewhat high on the list.

They were an absolute blast to drive; zippy, handled well, loud exhaust, all in all put a smile on my face each time.
Reminds me of the same experience I had when the new Mini Cooper came out with a supercharger. Test drove it and it was fun, but just did not feel confident about wanting to own one. Much like the 500 coming from Italy, the Mini being a British car gave me a very uncomfortable feeling - I will never forget my one and only experience (read as "nightmare") owning a British sports car. o_O

When you have been buying cars for as long as I have, you don't look up some internet statistic to make a sale. Experience has the final say on which dealership to visit. No offense to anyone and their favorite cars, but my first car was British...my second was Italian. I still own an Italian car. My first US car was Pontiac, then Chevy, now Ford. I'll buy another Ford. My first Japanese car was a used Toyota, got rid of it for a Honda. I bought 5 Hondas and an Acura since. 50 years of car buying, selling, trading and advising has served me well. The only thing I use the 'net for is comparative pricing.
End of old fart story.

Back