2021 F1 season begins today - anybody care?

tvmaster

True Classic
OK, even though Kimi still runs an Alfa, they're not a good enough team to qualify for a 'FIAT Forum' posting, so here we are, in NFC.
Anybody care? ESPN in the U.S. and TSN in Canada are still the broadcaster.
Wondering if Vettel being added to Aston Martin will help or hurt Stroll.
Three - four new drivers, including young Schumacher, and Alonso's return to McLaren (and he has a plate in his head from a bike accident. lol. all that racing, and it's a bike that does him in).
Or will Lewis (yawn) win his eighth title and become grand emperor of all-time.
So it begins...

As much as I love F1, the loss of any free to air coverage, (even though here in Australia it was often early morning 1am - 3am TV) and the (IMO) pretty poor coverage it gets anyway, make it worth waiting until the season is over and watching "Drive to survive" on Netflix and seeing the whole season wrapped up in just a few hours.

SteveC

Used to, not sure what it is any more. More of a technology showcase then racing. Sorry I mean a boring showcase, no drama, no nothing. I switched to MotoGP.

As much as I love F1, the loss of any free to air coverage, (even though here in Australia it was often early morning 1am - 3am TV) and the (IMO) pretty poor coverage it gets anyway, make it worth waiting until the season is over and watching "Drive to survive" on Netflix and seeing the whole season wrapped up in just a few hours.

SteveC
bittorrent is your friend

I lost interest when F1 got woke. Combine that with promoting "the show" over "racing" via DRS and I would rather watch reruns of the Any Griffith show. (Which is only slightly better than a stick in my eye.) Politics in racing make me throw up a little.
BTW - NASCAR is worse than F1.

Hey, don't pick on Mayberry! I grew up on Green Acres and Gomer Pyle USMC.

And yep, I fast forward through anything with Wokie Lewis. My how he has suffered 😄

I've been an avid fan since 1996 and this year actually forked out money for F1
TV. So far I'm very satisfied with the $10. a month I'm being charged and hope
that at last Max and Red Bull will give Lewis and Mercedes a run for the championship
this year.

One is racing, the other is pushing buttons
One has a v12 and is all drama, the other has a v6 like a toyota camry. More importantly you get a sense of speed from the one on the left.

I've been an avid fan since 1996 and this year actually forked out money for F1
TV. So far I'm very satisfied with the $10. a month I'm being charged and hope
that at last Max and Red Bull will give Lewis and Mercedes a run for the championship
this year.
I'm thinking Checo is going to give Max a run for his money :)

Wow they went to V6 engines in 2014. How times flies as that is when I stopped watching. Boring.
And yet they keep breaking speed records from time to time. With V6 engines. Technology is a trickle down thing. I'm hoping we get these V6's, 'cause we were NEVER getting the V12's:

Watched free practice one last night. Sooo happy to see that shouty guy "Crofty" was gone from the Sky TV coverage. Not only was his loud, fake overly-enthusiastic persona annoying, he was always trying to stir up controversy when there wasn't any...like all the fake drauma on other TV programs. The rest of the Sky commentators are enjoyable to listen to. Kind of reminds me of the old days when F1 was on the original Speed Channel in the US, and the commentators added to the experience rather than detract from it. Tonight I'll watch FP2. Hope the TV crew remains the same for the season.

watched qualifiying this morning. It was a painful offseason. I hope Seb can get his stuff together this year.

Watched free practice one last night. Sooo happy to see that shouty guy "Crofty" was gone from the Sky TV coverage. Not only was his loud, fake overly-enthusiastic persona annoying, he was always trying to stir up controversy when there wasn't any...like all the fake drauma on other TV programs. The rest of the Sky commentators are enjoyable to listen to. Kind of reminds me of the old days when F1 was on the original Speed Channel in the US, and the commentators added to the experience rather than detract from it. Tonight I'll watch FP2. Hope the TV crew remains the same for the season.
Shouty guy Crofty is back. Guess the woman commentator was just filling in.

Shouty guy Crofty is back. Guess the woman commentator was just filling in.
Ya, last night I watched FP2 and the very first thing I heard was his voice - crap. I was hoping Natalie would remain in his place, see it much more enjoyable to listen to.

Back