2021 F1 season begins today - anybody care?

worst part is I drove circle track for 10 years, Nascar weekly racing series. Won 52 races and 2 championsips. Now when i want to take a nap on sunday. I turn on the nascar race. Im out in 5 minutes! i totally love f1 and road racing now though. i guess we all grow up lol!

I suppose you could blame everything on Jackie Stewart, for wanting to make F1 a safe enough sport that one driver per week didn’t die. I loved watching those late 60’s, suicide machines. Maybe Senna was the final wake-up call: yeah, it was great, exciting, unbridled racing, but killing our top stars isn’t good for business. I used to like when NHL players wore no helmets.
I got used to them living longer instead...
Blame or thank Jackie Stewart? The man is a hero in my book. Amazon tv has a documentary movie called Grand Prix the Killer years that really shows how bad safety and medical aid were back then. The story of Roger Williamson burning alive on the track is unbelievable and the footage is just horrific. But the part about Jackie sitting in a cockpit filled with race gas and unable to get out is something else.

JStewartgrid4SpringTrophy15-4-67-1.jpg

Back