2022 MWB Open House Announcement

Nick Bygrave

Nick at Midwest-Bayless Italian Auto
Midwest-Bayless 2022 Open House – Saturday June 18, 2022
277 W. Johnstown Rd. Gahanna, Ohio 43230

Summer is around the corner and you know what that means… Open House!

Our yearly get together filled with Fiats and food. This is our way of saying thank you and your way of showing off that Italian beauty.
For our out-of-town guests, our recommended hotel is the same as last years, about a 7 minute drive from the shop:

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport 460 Waterbury Ct, Gahanna, OH 43230

When making your reservation at the Holiday Inn for the 17th of June, please use the code "MBI to receive our block pricing discount!

Friday Evening Dinner - June 17th

We look forward to seeing everyone, especially our out-of-town guests for this year’s Midwest-Bayless Open House “Friday Night Dinner”!
We have a fun downtown setting close to our shop with several restaurant and bars, all interconnected with a Common Outdoor Refreshment Area. Unlike last year, and with the fear of jinxing it, we shouldn’t have to deal with any COVID related restrictions.

We invite you to attend the “downtown” gathering, with groups eating at individual restaurants of your choosing, followed by a group gathering at an outdoor patio for drinks when you are finished with your meals.

We have a public parking area reserved for our FIAT and Lancia cars as well, per the maps below!

5:00 – 6:30: Meet / Rally at Midwest-Bayless
6:30: Leave for downtown, FIAT and LANCIA cars get to park in our designated free parking area! All others makes and models “you are on your own” 8^)

6:45 – 8:30: Individual groups eat dinner. Restaurants include:
Barrel & Boar - BBQ
Nostalgia Brewing – Pub and Brewery
Local Cantina - Mexican
Stadium – Casual American / Pub

8:30 – 10:00
– Social Gathering afterward for drinks and fun at Local Cantina Spot “X"

22jcXF37LkqsFpBYva0AluVO_zgh9T8ltA9HmNTIh0xe92TO8uKByixEzej3vUqNtABuvj_hh2ukYgkbOAnCaSZe0HJaYcbBtMR_bCUrpMnYiaWT97GTSp42QevWwXq7o2x1fsD8

How to get from Midwest-Bayless to downtown Gahanna (approx. 1 mile)

sPbhwTk7s3IGO2fY0wbC0-1RbO9eo5a29NlwrsvLLo7EkSMCH7aFwbGpazYG00FwtyudHP1KFR1vePsNrPxQJMCdyOFByE9jxEamQNJWXBvaM3qGXIm99QlYEuAwaffYwzTjdKlu

Saturday, June 18 - 9:00 AM... Cars and Coffee is back on, at a new location:

The City Apartments, 2875 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 432022875 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43202

Join us for our regularly yearly Fiat take Over at the local Cars and Coffee! Arrive early as parking spaces are tight! Look for the FIAT corral.

Saturday, June 18 - 11-3pm... Our shop will be open and set up with amazing Italian cooking, refreshments (including a variety of adult-pops), and seating for schmoozing.
277 W. Johnstown Rd. Gahanna, Ohio 43230
We will have plenty of merch available for purchase as well as some freebies. Meet and greet all the people that help keep your Fiat and/or Lancia on the road!

Last edited:
I booked my hotel this morning. I will most likely be bringing the 86X this year. I drove the 86 to MWB in 2007. Tom Degenkolb took some pictures, the last two were as we drove home on I-70. :)
Tom Degenkolb1.jpgTom Degenkolb2.jpgTom Degenkolb3.jpg

Here's a flyer I made if you want something to share or print out! You'll be3 seeing my 82 X1/9 there, same as last year.

Attachments

• OPEN HOUSE 2022 FLYER but bluer w 124.png
    OPEN HOUSE 2022 FLYER but bluer w 124.png
    581.5 KB · Views: 124
I have to think if I'm going or not...
This is a long drive for Kermit but we have done at the Open House June 2017.

Are there any other Quebecers/Canadians planning to go there?

I have to think if I'm going or not...
This is a long drive for Kermit but we have done at the Open House June 2017.

Are there any other Quebecers/Canadians planning to go there?
IMG_1805.JPG
There's your X at the CnC in the morning. I brought my 1972 124 Special in 2017. @Fiataccompli owns it now. :)

Nick,
My father and I are making plans to come. Can you please provide direct contact info for the hotel?
Thanks,
Brian

Thanks, Karl.

The last time my wife and I travelled, the manager of the (independent) hotel thanked us for booking directly with them, rather than using a third-party reservation service, who takes a cut. I thought I'd try to do that again, but had difficulty finding direct contact info. Perhaps it's different with a place that's part of a big corporation.

Looking forward to it,
Brian

Thanks, Karl.

The last time my wife and I travelled, the manager of the (independent) hotel thanked us for booking directly with them, rather than using a third-party reservation service, who takes a cut. I thought I'd try to do that again, but had difficulty finding direct contact info. Perhaps it's different with a place that's part of a big corporation.

Looking forward to it,
Brian
Try this.

I'm still not in running condition otherwise I would be there, alas it looks like next year for me.

I'm still not in running condition otherwise I would be there, alas it looks like next year for me.
I went last year without a Fiat (well a Jeep which is a Fiat now) and had a great time. My wife went and sort of enjoyed herself…

My red X is in pieces and my brown X is not likely to be ready for an extended trip so I will drive something else.

There for the camraderie and to see other’s cars. I am not much of a showboat :)

My red X is in pieces and my brown X is not likely to be ready for an extended trip so I will drive something else.
Karl, you need a trailer. Then your Fiat only needs to be capable of driving around town. :)

Back