2022 MWB Open House Announcement

its what I did a couple years ago!! then the tow vehicle barely made it and we had to tow that back LOL

Odie
Odie,

Your tow vehicle needs to be a Honda Pilot with a minimum of 130,000 miles on it. At least that is my experience. :)

124 on trailer.JPG

I traded in this 2003 Pilot with 257,000 miles in Feb 2021 and moved up to a 2012 with only 134,000 miles on it.

Karl, you need a trailer. Then your Fiat only needs to be capable of driving around town. :)
It would definitely make it as it is right now, just the HVAC system needs cleaning out as the mice have had their way over the years, I get all stuffed up if I have to drive it closed up. The olive tree smell from thirty years ago I can live with, the mice not so much.

I changed the 85’s tires/rims which are rather tread bare over to my 87, its tires/rims have brand new 5 year old tires on them. Maybe I will have time this week if the weather holds to drop the heater box, the heater control valve needs replacement as well. I have new hoses too so pretty much the redo I have been intending for a long while.

Here the route from Montreal area to Columbus.
I cross my finger to not have any issue with Kermit ... The worst case comeback in bus!.
ScreenShot086.jpg

Midwest-Bayless 2022 Friday Night Dinner and Social Hour Update!

Hello everyone, a music festival in downtown Gahanna on Friday June 17th, will block thru traffic, and prevent
us from having a “FIAT Corral” parking area, and generally crowd all of the local restaurants, so we’ve decided to move
our initial dinner gathering to a different location a few miles away.

Friday Night Dinner: 6:30PM

101 Beer Kitchen
397 Stoneridge Ln, Gahanna, OH 43230

https://www.101beerkitchen.com/rustic-food

We will caravan from Midwest-Bayless using the Google Map below. It is a short drive with an
alternate route due to the downtown road closure.

277 W Johnstown Rd, Columbus, OH to 101 Beer Kitchen - Google Maps

1655216140523.png

Friday Night Patio Gathering Downtown: 8:30PM

After dinner, we will head back to Gahanna for a social gathering with complimentary beverages in downtown Gahanna
with the backdrop of the Blues and Jazz festival. We have a parking area planned at:

Walnut Bridge Memorial Parking Lot
77 W. Johnstown Rd. Gahanna, Ohio 43230

101 Beer Kitchen to 77 W. Johnstown Rd. – Google Maps

1655216140553.png

We’ll then take a very short walk to the 8:30 – 10:30, so come enjoy a beverage on us!

Local Cantina
101 Mill St. Gahanna, Ohio 43230

1655216140590.png

Turns out I need to pick up a large package, so I will be arriving in the Pilot. I will probably trailer the 86, but maybe not. I have gone X-less before, I can do so again if I decide to limit how much effort I put into this trip. I am an old man after all. :)

Arrived at MWB this afternoon and everyone is busy getting ready for the open house. They’re always gracious hosts! I had a targa top snafu and they had one waiting for me when I arrived. The weather is supposed to be amazing for the event; mid 70’s!

I'm closer
Erie PA
I am still at home outside STL. Heading out in the morning, although a severe storm predicted for about 4AM is preventing me from getting the X on the trailer tonight. Damaging winds and large hail is never a good combo. 🌩️🌪️ I am sure the neighbors won't mind me loading up at 5AM???? Right???

Of course, since I am not putting the X out as a target tonight, the storm will probably not happen.

I am still at home outside STL. Heading out in the morning, although a severe storm predicted for about 4AM is preventing me from getting the X on the trailer tonight. Damaging winds and large hail is never a good combo. 🌩️🌪️ I am sure the neighbors won't mind me loading up at 5AM???? Right???

Of course, since I am not putting the X out as a target tonight, the storm will probably not happen.
At Montréal area some ice storm ... what my wife said. Here at Erie PA presently the weather is good, no issue.

Thanks to Matt, Marnie, Brayden and the whole MWB staff for hosting another great event. And thanks to Leslie for preparing all the great Italian food! I will be working that off for a few weeks. :)

There was quite a turnout this year. It is always worth the trip. 👍

Thank you to the organizers for this fantastic event and the great welcome from Matt, Marnie, Brayden and all MWB staff.
Bravo!
Some pictures of the car & coffee and MWB event.

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg