40 DCNVH

jreacock

Hi all. Not entirely a rear-engined Fiat, but it does have Abarth on the cam covers, and the engine is in the back...

I'm looking for some info on my Lancia 037's carb - which appears to be a Weber 40DCNVH. Specifically, whether a refurb kit for a 36 version will be ok? I'd be interested to know whether anyone has any info on this carb - jetting for example. I'm getting a hunting at tickover at the moment (about every 2 seconds - near stall to 1k rpm), and I was thinking of whipping the carb off as a first go at it. I would take it somewhere - but you can't seem to trust anyone any more.
Thanks for any advice.
Justin.

this may or may not be helpful as the thread is about the same carb but in a dual DCNVH configuration vs your single. Check for vacuum leaks before you pull the carb, then suggest cleaning the idle circuit. Post photos of your car for us 😎

Thanks Jim. I saw that thread - it's what brought me to the forum. I'll have a good read.
Pics - it's this one from Girardo & Co.:

I'll spray a bit of carb cleaner around when it's running, and see if if I can get a change in rpm. I think it was stood for a while before I had it though - so it might be a bit of debris somewhere. It was having bodywork done in France before lockdown, and then it was trapped for months, and whatever was in the fuel tanks didn't smell like petrol. Obviously - I drained it all out, but the carb probably has the same things going on inside.

This engine was also used in the Fiat 131 Abarth (without the supercharger I guess).

Might find more help on the X 1/20 forum, while not about the 037 at least the Monte Carlo and Scorpion share a few of the same bits.
Jay

Back