5 1/2" x 13 Iron Cross wheels for sale

johnph

True Classic
These are the Speedline Fiat wheels that came original equipment on some X 1/9.
These have 1980 production casting marks.
I have three.
They are the widest wheels that were OE on these cars. Each weighs 12.8 pounds. Backspace is 102mm.DSCN1454.JPGDSCN1577.JPGDSCN1578.JPGDSCN1579.JPGDSCN1582.JPG
These wheels are used, clean, straight and functionally ready to install.
Cosmetics: Some minor curb rash and pitting on the polished portions of the raised outboard ribs. These are ready to paint. I painted mine satin black.

Tire fitment: OE was 165/70SR13 or 185/60HR13. I installed Michelin Defender 175/70TR13 on mine for the lower revs/mile gearing effect. This fitment does not rub on a stock X body.

note: I have seen other iron cross wheels in the 4 1/2 and 5" sizes. These are the Speedline Fiat 5 1/2 size variation.
$225 for all three. Shipping not included. No shipping outside of continental USA 48 due to high shipping costs.

Interesting, but sometimes common.

In the Alfa world, two manufacturers made the later 15" Milano Verde wheels, Benzoni and Speedline--although there were differences in hole count and set.

On the S3 Spider, the wheels are identical but some where made by FPS and some by Campagnolo.

The iron cross wheels originally were made by cromodora. I believe they were magnesium. The speedline wheels are a reproduction and I believe they are aluminum alloy.

I believe all ‘iron cross’ rims were aluminum, regardless of manufacturer.

The iron cross wheels originally were made by cromodora. I believe they were magnesium. The speedline wheels are a reproduction and I believe they are aluminum alloy.
Usually, you can tell if a wheel is magnesium by its lightness. I have a cast magnesium 6" wide wheel in the garage. It weighs 7.4 pounds. As mentioned above, the 5 1/2 cast Speedlines weigh 12.8.
About the only place you see cast magnesium wheels these days is on pure race cars like F1, F2, Indycar, etc. Someone who knows their physics and math could tell us the horsepower equivalent of moving from a 12.8 pound wheel to a 7.4 pound wheel and what acceleration gain that would get you, if, for example your X had 70 net horsepower and weighed 2275 pounds.

Back